Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cardio...gaining weight??

sasa

Hi,
I have question, I found out something weird. I have feeling like if I do more cardio { step aerobic, boot camp, kickboxing class...} usually now 4 days + 2 days HIIT...instead of losing weight I am gaining despite my high dosage of thyroid medicine {200mcg synthroid + 50mcg cytomel} and of course watching food...but it's true maybe I am not eating enough.
how you explain me this?? is it just feeling or it could be possible??

What is your bodyfat change? Weight can be fat gain, muscle gain or water gain so it doesn't really tell you anything that is valuable w/o other information. If you aren't eating enough and then putting all sorts of physical demands (i.e. your body saying I NEED FUEL FOR ENERGY!!!!) on your body - your body is going to start to slow down metabolism to preserve the energy sources it does have (i.e. fat) ---it all goes together - if you are going to increase the demands on your body you have to fuel for those.

Also how long have you been doing that regimen? Sometimes it takes your body a few weeks to adapt to a major change in program and it may be holding onto water or whatever while it is adjusting.

"and of course watching food"

ok. so what does that mean exactly? if your trying to get lean- focus on diet- not cardio. its not cardio thats making you gain- its too many calories.

MsBeverlyHills said:
"and of course watching food"

ok. so what does that mean exactly? if your trying to get lean- focus on diet- not cardio. its not cardio thats making you gain- its too many calories.

Or not enough calories or the wrong calories ---- pay attention to the details of the diet - put what you are eating into a food counts program like www.fitday.com - there's more to making progress than just cardio. If your diet doesn't support what you are doing your progress will be slower or even non-existant.

I think my problem will be LOW calories {1200-1400}..but still thinking why is so difficult to lose weight even if your calories are LOW..that's doesn't make sence for me..If you low on calories and if you exercise a lot..what's the problem?? {i know they saying that if your body starving..you can hold everything= gain weight}...but why anorectic people losing weight when they starve?

What is your BF% I always gain weight when I train...no matter what I am doing...3 pounds is normal for me....I would check and see if you are losing Bf.....What is your weight? If youare 140 you should be about 1400 ect.

Sassy69 said:
What are you eating? Put your diet into www.fitday.com and post it - what are the macro ratios?

I've been asking for that for WEEKS. :rolleyes:

Gaining weight does not always mean too MANY calories. Too FEW calories and a lot of training can cause weight gain too - or at least, stalled weight loss.

We need your macro breakdown and total caloric intake to help.

Reason why too much cardio can cause weight gain or stalled weight loss? Starvation mode. Your body will think it is starving to death and will hold onto every calories, every ounce of fat in order to live.

hi,
here is my example how much I am eating, usually is it +- the some

1138 CAL
45g fat- 37%
37g carb - 10%
140g protein - 52%
I should eat MORE!!!!

sasa said:
hi,
here is my example how much I am eating, usually is it +- the some

1138 CAL
45g fat- 37%
37g carb - 10%
140g protein - 52%
I should eat MORE!!!!

BINGO! Increase your food too around 10 -12 x your weight = total calories. Adjust your ratios so they are closer to 40% protein / 30% carbs / 30 fats, stay w/ whatever cardio / activity you are doing and then stick w/ it consistently for 3 weeks and you should see some progress. But also measure your progress either by getting actually bodyfat measures or go by how your clothes fit. Even if you don't see the scale move, you should see your clothes fitting a little bit better as you go.

Top Bottom