Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb cycle or one diet to follow daily ?

BEAST420

So I have been carb cycling with results... I have been doing high, high, medium, low.... I am on push pull legs then repeat so I hit heavy carbs (all complex) push and pull days... I hit medium on leg (carbs with about half my meals so 3-4) and then low is my off day and I'll have 2 packets of oats and call it day....
Is this a good approach or would it be better to go with an approach like everyday have carbs with first half of my meals and just greens with my second half of meals... What do you guys think?

Good to see that you followed what i said.. But bro, whats your goal? max fat loss? max muscle gain? Recomp slowly? .. high, high, medium low is good for max muscle gain but not the best for fat loss. On high days you dont have to eat "complex carbs" all the time, somtimes simple carbs actually works better to fill you out, things like rice cakes white rice, starchy potatoes are all good option for a high day.

Alot of this depends on your metabolism, neither I or anyone else can tell you what your macros should be or what diet you should follow, play around with things and find the sweet spot for you, but i can still help you. What exactly are you trying to achieve with this diet?

Thanks for te reply bro... Yes I have followed this and it's working well... I would say my goal is max muscle gain at this point... I'm on the back end of my cycle and just threw in some winny so I will most likely keep lean from that... But yes my goal is max muscle wile maintaining at least a 4 pack and no gut... I do 45 mins cardio inclined walking 2x a week and walk as a preworkout for about 10-15 mins on the days I don't do 45 mins cardio...

Good, then keep what you're doing, high, high medium low repeat is good for max muscle gains and the cardio should keep the fat down, just go with the flow, if see you're not growing the way you want add more carbs on your high days if you see getting too fat add more cardio but do not lower calories from diet, also another suggestion is add more cardio days, like 4 times a week but reduce the time to 25 minutes, this way your metabolism will be faster and you become more insulin sensitive to more carbs, so most carbs goes to muscle glycogen instead of fat its called nutrient partitioning.

I can deff switch up the cardio to 4x a week at 25 mins a clip.... I won't lower my cals bc my goal is muscle.... The cardio and working my abs will hopfully keep me lean enough... On medium days I will have carbs 3-4x a day and low days is 1-2x. Should I do cardio on my low day or keep the cardio for high days??

I can deff switch up the cardio to 4x a week at 25 mins a clip.... I won't lower my cals bc my goal is muscle.... The cardio and working my abs will hopfully keep me lean enough... On medium days I will have carbs 3-4x a day and low days is 1-2x. Should I do cardio on my low day or keep the cardio for high days??

Do it on the day you like doesnt matter.. There are pros and cons to each.

Cons of doing it on high days will burn lots of the calories that you already consumed so your gains will not be as rapid, the pros is that you're more insulin sensitive and absorb the carbs much better, sepearting cardio and weights on high days is the best option because you will be even more sensitive to insulin 24/7, so the pros outweighs the cons. Remember high days mean high, i consume up to 650g carbs on my high day and i only weigh 175 at 5"7, i worked my way up from 300 to 650 without much fat gain at all, so just listen to your body and increase carbs slowly

On low days its better for fat loss, so do it on both days to get the best of both world, just go with the flow, if you see yourself getting too fat do more on low days if you're not growing eat more carbs on high days simple as that.

Alright thanks bro, I really appriciate you helping me out... I will deff split the cardio and weights on my high days... I deff have a ton f carbs on my high days and I would say I am deff growing... Minimual fat and iv added about 7 pounds maybe 6 so it's deff working... Okay, so cardio and weights split on high days, prolly gonna use my low day as a day off from cardio bc I don't wanna burn to much muscle (prob just gonna do some abs) , eat shit load of carbs on high days, for medium I do about 4 meals all with small portions of carbs( 1cup rice, small sweet potato, waixymiaze w/ pw shake, oatmeal) that's preet much the only carbs I eat even on high days but it's w/ every meal...
What would be some good ideas for meals on low carb days?

Again, thanks for the help bro

Same foods but less portion, lets say you go 500 high days, 300 med, and 150 low days, just make sure you weigh your food so you know how much you're eating.
On high days i throw in some white rice, rice cake, russtet potatoe (very strachy potatoe, works amazing on high days to fiil you out), you dont have to eat oats, brown rice all the time, mix it up, on med and low days i would use more oats, brown rice, sweet potatoe, yams, basically food with higher fiber are better on low days and carbs with less fiber are better on high days.
Also dont forget your fruits, bananas are good for high days but not so much on low days, just play around and see how your body reacts to each carb, after eating a carb look in the mirror and see how you look, some carbs like pasta and bread makes me bloated so i completely eliminate them.

Okay I have to agree about the pasta I feel when I added that to my diet I just gain more belly fat... So on my low days you would say that I should have oats with how many meals, I would think about 2 possibly 3... On medium days I will have with 4-5 meals:.. I will also add bananas to my mix of carbs on high days... I also love sweet potato for high days as I feel that helps me with size..

Top Bottom