Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cali's CONQUER 2013 Log

You know, Cangal, I'd be happy to share a few diets with you. Save you some $$. I've kept the diets I've used to compete and obviously, you'd have to adjust calories for your own stats and needs but I'd be happy to scan them and send you copies. I'm sure Psizzle, SuperQT, Shirlz and I can help you with the calories/ macro breakdowns too.

Yes, I know lots of different "trainers" in Alberta and all of them do online too. I can do some research too and see who is up in GP, if you want that personal connection. I've used a few different people and can give you some feedback and tell you what to look for.

The girl I'm using now is someone who has done well competing but also just finished her registered dietician's degree, so it's an interesting combo. I really like her, which is the key part to finding a person to work with. I started with a woman who competes on the US pro stage at the Arnold's and couldn't stand her. Dumb as a brick too. I made it 3 weeks and we broke up. LOL Relationship is huge for that.

So, in thinking about finding diet help...think about if you want the in person meetings or is online/ email ok. Male or female? What is your goal?

I can guide you from there!!

Awe thanks Cali! I still need to loose some BF and I know I can go a bit further with what I do know. So I would be needing someone around the spring.

I wouldn't really care if they were female or male, and online is probably best unless they were right in GP.

Right now I am trying to lose some BF to see what I actually have...lol. Then I will need some help deciding what I need to work on. I'm pretty sure I will have to build my shoulders and legs. I just need help so I'm doing it smart, not by trial and error on my behalf. Long time goal would be to compete some day, but that would be in a good year or two.

You know, Cangal, I'd be happy to share a few diets with you. Save you some $$. I've kept the diets I've used to compete and obviously, you'd have to adjust calories for your own stats and needs but I'd be happy to scan them and send you copies. I'm sure Psizzle, SuperQT, Shirlz and I can help you with the calories/ macro breakdowns too.

That would be awesome if you don't mind!! I can really use some guidance with my diet. Thanks again for your help Cali! :)

New update for Monday. I hit my short term goal of the 5 lbs down for my staff party on Saturday. I'll post a pic up later on. This is the lightest I've weighed in a couple of years. I was in the gym all but one day last week and got in a fair bit of cardio and a full split for lifting.

I gotta say...I wore these super high heel shoes to the party Saturday night and I was SO SORE yesterday!! I did some dancing in them but couldn't believe how sore I was. Still a bit sore today from them. Legs, butt, calves...everywhere!!

Goals this week are to finalize my plans and my goals. I need to get the exact show dates and see how many weeks out they are and decide from there.

Happy Humpday to all the lovely EF ladies! And men!! lol

I'm still going strong. But oh so freakin sore!!

Monday I trained chest. I upped the volume but kept the weight about the same. I was pretty tired on Monday and didn't do any cardio.

Yesterday, I trained with a friend of mine and he wanted to do arms. I normally don't dedicate a whole day to arms but went with it and holy crap....it hurts to bend my arms this morning. I ended with 25 mins of moderate intensity cardio.

My calories are about 1500-1700 currently and I'd like to get that up to 2100 give or take. The eating is a huge adjustment this time around. I've essentially reprogrammed myself back in to all my bad habits.

That's my quick morning update. I'm alone in my office fishbowl this morning so can come online and not have to wonder who is watching me.

Have a great day everyone!!

Happy Humpday to all the lovely EF ladies! And men!! lol

I'm still going strong. But oh so freakin sore!!

Monday I trained chest. I upped the volume but kept the weight about the same. I was pretty tired on Monday and didn't do any cardio.

Yesterday, I trained with a friend of mine and he wanted to do arms. I normally don't dedicate a whole day to arms but went with it and holy crap....it hurts to bend my arms this morning. I ended with 25 mins of moderate intensity cardio.

My calories are about 1500-1700 currently and I'd like to get that up to 2100 give or take. The eating is a huge adjustment this time around. I've essentially reprogrammed myself back in to all my bad habits.

That's my quick morning update. I'm alone in my office fishbowl this morning so can come online and not have to wonder who is watching me.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hey Cali! Glad it's going well for you! Great job on sticking with it :)

I hear ya on diet, it's hard to hit the target sometimes.

Keep it up! :)

Yesterday I hit the gym and trained back. Again, increased volume, so did 5 different exercises but keep weight lower. I will start increasing weight next week and logging more specifically. I was so tired yesterday, that I skipped cardio. I've recently come off some sleeping medication and I'm adjusting but it's only been a week and I didn't sleep much Tuesday night. I tell myself..."just listen to your body" but..that will only last for so long! lol

The last 2 days, I've had a few comments from people at work noticing I'm losing weight. That ALWAYS feels good! I didn't weigh myself this morning but felt lighter and parts of my body are tightening a bit. I feel pretty "small" though. Not that I was every huge to begin with.

And...I checked on the show dates and there's only two up here that I can compete in, being non natty. The first one is 18 weeks away and the second, 36 weeks away. Which sounds like a lot of time but it really isn't. 18 weeks would be a stretch and would mean jumping in to full prep mode like yesterday!! Not quite sure I'm ready for that. I am leaning more towards the later show and dieting down a bit now, seeing where I'm at and then going from there. I'll have that firmed up by Sunday.

Top Bottom