Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cali's CONQUER 2013 Log

caligirl85

The ladies here have inspired me to finally get my log up and going! I have started it a million times in my head but....ya know how that goes.

My theme going into 2013 is to CONQUER. There's a great picture of Arnold with that word on it, that I'll post up. Very inspiring!

As some of you know, 2012 was the year from hell for me, so needless to say, I kinda feel like I'm starting completely over as far as the gym and nutrition. I've fallen back into many very old bad habits and my gym attendance has been pretty hit and miss. Mostly miss!

So the month of January is all about getting back on track and getting a program in place and goals set. I'd LOVE to compete again! Choices are June or Oct. We shall see. For now, I just want to take some control back and feel like I'm moving in a positive direction.

Hey Cali!

I'm so pumped to see your log! :elephant:

It's tough getting back into it, but you've already been doing it mentally. I know 2013 is your year! Can't wait to follow :)

So..where to begin...

I have found a great nutrition/ prep coach that I am going to work with. To start off, I had to record 3 full days of everything I ate. That really has been the test to see where my head is at in terms of readiness. It's taken me 6 freakin weeks just to do that!! Today is the third day and I will be meeting with her in the next week to put an eating program in place. I can do it myself but she's such a positive person and I really need that extra support.

Last week's goals were to get in the gym and DO SOMETHING...ANYTHING...and clean up my diet enough to drop 5 lbs for a staff party this Saturday. The whole..bought a new dress and want to look hot in it thing!

I made it to the gym 4 days and did a basic 4 day split, doing only 3 exercises every day and holy crap...SORE!! Also completed 30 mins of cardio each day. I can still almost jog even. LOL I'll be getting back to a more structured routine. Just getting the cobwebs out.

Supplements....none yet. It'll depend on my goals and my ability to dial in the basics first. I may do something mild like Halo for Her. I'm a minimalist when it comes to supps.

Guess it's time to make my Pre-comp log! Lol 'tis the year of competitions for the EF chicks. :)

You know I'll be following along my friend, and I'm here should you need anything. Kill it!

Ok....my update so far.

I trained legs on Monday and back yesterday. I have the day off today and heading out shortly to do chest.

Legs were ridiculous!! I did my warm up and then right to the squat rack and the first drop, with only the bar, I think every last muscle fibre in my legs and butt ripped! I went down and thought..."Oh, that's not good"! I am soooo sore today!

Back was pretty good. My back is one of my stronger areas. I finished with 40 mins of cardio. I'm started with just 3 exercises and went up to 5 yesterday. Still keeping the weight lower.

I weighed in this morning and have hit the 5 lbs down mark, which was my goal for this upcoming Sat. I can always drop 5-7 lbs in a week with a diet clean up. Flush all the water out. It's motivation to keep it clean though. I've sent off my food diary, so am waiting to see the new coach.

I'll be posting with more details in the days and weeks to come. This is my jumping off point. :)

Great job getting the workouts in! Congrats on the weight loss :)

How did you go about getting help with your diet? Did you already know someone? I need some help on my diet, but don't want to hire someone who tells me to keep my protein at 80g or something stupid.

Great job getting the workouts in! Congrats on the weight loss :)

How did you go about getting help with your diet? Did you already know someone? I need some help on my diet, but don't want to hire someone who tells me to keep my protein at 80g or something stupid.

Yes, I know lots of different "trainers" in Alberta and all of them do online too. I can do some research too and see who is up in GP, if you want that personal connection. I've used a few different people and can give you some feedback and tell you what to look for.

The girl I'm using now is someone who has done well competing but also just finished her registered dietician's degree, so it's an interesting combo. I really like her, which is the key part to finding a person to work with. I started with a woman who competes on the US pro stage at the Arnold's and couldn't stand her. Dumb as a brick too. I made it 3 weeks and we broke up. LOL Relationship is huge for that.

So, in thinking about finding diet help...think about if you want the in person meetings or is online/ email ok. Male or female? What is your goal?

I can guide you from there!!

Top Bottom