Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking and Lepitn and Insulin??

vtec96

ok, right now im bulking and was wondering if increases in lepitin and insulin would still not be good...now im not talking eating dextrose for breakfast, but maybe some simple cereal or fruits?
Rasin bran or cherrios cereal or something..

Not quite sure I understand your question, but if you're bulking and eating plenty of carbs then your leptin levels will be way up. Insulin is a good thing when bulking as it is probably one of the most anabolic agents in our body. You don't want to keep it spiked 24 hours around the clock, but at the right times it will do you wonders.

Vageta, as far as the "right times" to keep insulin levels up: obviously immediatetly after workout, and maybe before too?

I ask since I thought any general increase in insulin was "not good"? So, since im bulking maybe i can take advantage of these insulin spikes??

I know alot of people go against this way of thinking, but if you might like it. It was reccomended by a bro on another board and it through my workouts through the roof.

I would eat my meal approx 2 hours before lifting and let it digest( usually egg white oatmeal pancakes or chicken and rice) then about 15-30 mins. prior to lifting i would have a scoop of whey w/ a scoop of dextrose. Bring a bottle w/ me to the gym and drink the same thing sipped while working out ( works out to 20 grams of each in the drink) Postworkout shake stayed the same ( Myoplex, w/ 2 scoops of dextrose followed by a solid meal about 60-90 mins. after that.

My energy/strength started to really go through the roof and i expieranced no crashes or dips during exercise. Just felt really great.

I then switched to just haveing 1 scoop of whey before w/ 2 scoops of dextrose 15 mins. pre workout w/ no drink during ( just added more dex to the pre drink) and had same great energy levels and pumps.

This is def. something to do if your cutting( because for the most part you want your blood sugar stable to low so it can feed off fat*except p.workout*), but if bulking i suggest trying this and tell me what you think.

The reasoning he gave me behind this approach was that raising insulin before and maintaining raised insulin during exercise will increase energy levels do to the high amount floatinf around and actually make your postworkout shake more effective because your primed for it.

I honestly dont know if its true, but it def. works for helping energy levels when bulking and trying to add strength.

Creatureofnight said:
I know alot of people go against this way of thinking, but if you might like it. It was reccomended by a bro on another board and it through my workouts through the roof.

I would eat my meal approx 2 hours before lifting and let it digest( usually egg white oatmeal pancakes or chicken and rice) then about 15-30 mins. prior to lifting i would have a scoop of whey w/ a scoop of dextrose. Bring a bottle w/ me to the gym and drink the same thing sipped while working out ( works out to 20 grams of each in the drink) Postworkout shake stayed the same ( Myoplex, w/ 2 scoops of dextrose followed by a solid meal about 60-90 mins. after that.

My energy/strength started to really go through the roof and i expieranced no crashes or dips during exercise. Just felt really great.

I then switched to just haveing 1 scoop of whey before w/ 2 scoops of dextrose 15 mins. pre workout w/ no drink during ( just added more dex to the pre drink) and had same great energy levels and pumps.

This is def. something to do if your cutting( because for the most part you want your blood sugar stable to low so it can feed off fat*except p.workout*), but if bulking i suggest trying this and tell me what you think.

The reasoning he gave me behind this approach was that raising insulin before and maintaining raised insulin during exercise will increase energy levels do to the high amount floatinf around and actually make your postworkout shake more effective because your primed for it.

I honestly dont know if its true, but it def. works for helping energy levels when bulking and trying to add strength.
Creatureofnight, thanks, I heard about this before but never really tried it...
well i think its about time I did, esp since i got the dex/pro laying around :D

Ill try it out and see how it goes this week...

Vageta, you ever try this??

No problem bro, i hope it works as well for you as it did for me, also i meant its not a good idea for cutters ( like myself now), i made an error when i first posted and dont want anone to think im nutty.

While bulking with carbs insulin will always be present, you just want it to be at a steady level. The only real time you want to boost it high is after a workout. That's why it's important to eat fairly clean carbs while bulking. If you're an ectomorph and can't gain weight to save your life then eat whatever you want. If you have no trouble gaining weight then keeping your insulin steady by eating complex, low GI carbs. I think the insulin index of foods is more important than the GI at this point though.

Personally I usually eat about 1 hour before my workout. If I go too soon I feel like I'm going to puke regardless of what I eat. I have not tried the dextrose/whey shake before-hand but I don't like liquid meals while dieting. I need to feel full and these just don't do it for me.

Top Bottom