Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bridge spanning Miss River collapses during rush hour in MN

PICK3 said:

let me translate

what happened was sad

enjoy life

i drove over this bridge at 5pm (1 hr before it happened), rush hour was definately packed due to the construction on the bridge.
thankfully i was able to get off work early yesterday.

alien amp pharm said:
It looks puny compared to the concrete & steel one next to it.

It's not, it was an 8-lane interstate.

It's an epic tragedy and it could have been much worse. Reports say the current construction phase had cut the accessible lanes to one in each direction and the traffic, apparently, was at a standstill when it collapsed. Can you imagine if 8 lanes had been opened during rush hour with vehicles traveling at 60mph, and then it collapses?

CNN is happy, they were having a slow news month.
CNN exploits everything to the MAX.
We had a bridge collapse up in Montreal, 5 ppl dead and the media didn't put it on tv 24/7

swole said:
Imagine taking your normal work commute and this shit happens.

I drive the I-93 tunnel in Boston (the Big Dig) about once a week. That sucker is the next one to crumble.

Can you imagine being on a school bus that somehow stayed on a section that fell about 55 feet......and never tipped over?

alien amp pharm said:
I don't care if it was a one lane road, it still looks puny.

? It was an 8-lane interstate, and I'm sure to the poor folks on the bridge, it looked like a massive wave of hell buckling towards them.

LuluDeren said:
? It was an 8-lane interstate, and I'm sure to the poor folks on the bridge, it looked like a massive wave of hell buckling towards them.

Are you on drugs today?

alien amp pharm said:
Are you on drugs today?

I just say 'no'. However, you can't seem to grasp the fact that I35 is an 8-lane interstate, not a one lane road. As far as I remember, the bridge/street running parallel is still a four lane crosstown (Marshall Avenue in St. Paul turns into Lake Street in Mpls).

Top Bottom