Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boca Burgers (Soy Protein Veggie Burgers) = real Protein?

Soy, if I am not mistaken, is also a complete protein as is protein from meat sources. As such I believe it grows muscle all the same, but since it has estrogenic properties I stay away from it.

I agree that from a nutritional standpoint a boca burger would be a LOT more healthy than just a hamburger pattie.

Few things. Kind of surprised that you aren't aware of them.

1) Soy is about the worse protein source out there in terms of bioavailability. Whey is tops.
2) Soy causes your body to have more estrogen and can lead to gyno in men.

Not posting up sources, that's enough for you to google to the data you need. Stick to the whey and the chicken breasts bor.

Actually the truth is nobody knows for sure that soy is estrogenic

There are some studies who say so but they've been done on rats which doesn't mean shit about humans

i eat fish, chicken and veggie burgers..as of meat products..i dont like red meat. cows, pigs..lol... i should go back on it..but i dont care...the soy burgers haev lots of protein, and no fat, they are also low carb and to em they taste yummy!! :p

Synpax said:
Few things. Kind of surprised that you aren't aware of them.

1) Soy is about the worse protein source out there in terms of bioavailability. Whey is tops.
2) Soy causes your body to have more estrogen and can lead to gyno in men.

Not posting up sources, that's enough for you to google to the data you need. Stick to the whey and the chicken breasts bor.

Show me where it says soy isoflavones cause gyno...

I try to stay away from soy protein as much as possible.

I know a few vegetarians(vegans maybe?) that eat alot of soy, rice, beans etc and no meat products at all or dairy. No fish either.

They are all thin with low BF%, BUT they look like crap to me because they have NO muscle tone, no size or strength and personally I don't think they look any healthier than your average fast food eating joe. BAH. In fact, they kinda remind me of a fatter version of Auschwitz camp victims.

It's not because there are skinny guys or guys w/ gynecomastia who are eating soy that soy is the cause of their shitty look

Top Bottom