Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big thanks to all at Elite

HighGrade

Hi All! :D

I'm a first time poster, but have been reading these boards for a few months now. I just wanted to let everyone know that the info here is AMAZING! You guys are great! I have acquired a vast sea of knowledge that really is priceless. So, I just wanted to say Hi and let you all know that... and keep the nrg, positivity and knowledge coming! I think all the advice, empathy, and motivation you gals (and guys) provide is fantastic! I know it's givin me a kick in the but on more than one occasion ;) In fact, I'll try my best to pass on the wealth!

My Story: In March of this year, I was in school doing an intense IT course and really started having back problems. I saw an article in the local paper looking at BMI and realized that I was in the danger zone. (Not even on the line). Scared me actually. I weighed in at 188 lbs and I am 5'5, and 24 y.o. I am fairly muscular, but most of that 'mass' was fat, I would have bet on that. Decided that it was time to make a life style change (not only diet). Started reading and learning, and drastically reduced carbs to 20% of my diet (Protein 50%, Fats 30%). I didnt realize how addicted I was to breads, and sugars. Cutting back on carbs was the hardest part I felt as though I was going through a withdrawal phase. Very cranky gal.

I decreased my caloric intake to 1500 cals/day, and had one day on which I treated myself. Also, I noticed that the frequency of UTI's (Urinary Tract Infection) has decreased from last year knock on wood ;) I believe it's because of the decrease in sugar consumption. Anyone have any thoughts?

I started to weight train. Now, I dont have much money for weights (student - job search is now on) ....so I improvised. My school textbooks! :D This, coupled with crunches and push ups. (Sad, sad thing... realized I couldnt even do 2 crunches at first :bawling: )

I did 3 days of brisk walking for 20 minutes. (Aerobic excercise not my favorite).

Most people, myself included, are so automated... we want to see results NOW! As fast as *click*, changing the tv. station. But I learned it takes time... my body took a little over a month to adjust to the new fuel composition I was providing it, and I was discouraged at first, as I wanted to see results overnight. Tried my best to stay off of the scales, and watched progress by tape measure and the way my clothes fit. Also found that my body 'plateaued' in that it would get stuck at a certain weight for a week or two. But things did start happening...

Well, by the end of July I weighed in at 151 lbs and did a BF testing and am at 29% (Tanita Scale), and am still going... and am much stronger than before.... My back is feeling great, and overall I feel better and have more energy.

Now, I am focusing on trying to increase my aerobic endurance and intensity by taking brisk walks (1hr at 70% of max heart rate/4 times a week) and melt off the last 15 lbs, and still lifting (got a second hand bench, bar and weights). Loving the lifestyle!

I get asked to move furniture and other heavy items quite often :D And to the gals and guys who think that ladies that lift heavy will get bulky. Nope! - didnt happen to me. I am not bulky... quite curvy and firm actually. ;)

Thanks again all!

Cheers,
HG

Thanks for the warm welcome! Much appreciated. :heart:

Phem: Went to school in downtown core (Bay and Dundas area).

Will try and post some pics soon.

Cheers,
HG

Hi HighGrade......you need to get over sometime to Phems gym, and tell us if she is really lifting the big dumbells, or trifling with the pink ones :) Sorry Phem....you know really how much i like you :angel:

Welcome Highgrade - You wanted the best, you got the best! ELITE! Rah Rah! LOL!

But seriously, you'll find some great stuff here - i know I've learned more in the last 3 months than I've known in my life!

ann said:
Hi HighGrade......you need to get over sometime to Phems gym, and tell us if she is really lifting the big dumbells, or trifling with the pink ones :) Sorry Phem....you know really how much i like you :angel:

hehe... i didn't even realize we had those pink things until i was talking to Nat one day on the phone and had to go into the aerobics studio

1) I never talk on the phone in the gym, but i was expecting her call
2) I've never been in the aerobics studio, been going to the gym since November... (probably would never have gone in their either :) )
3)they have other colours too!!!!! hehe

our smaller free weights are silver, and i don't use them for anything except single arm lateral raise warm ups... :)

I like the 10pders for the lateral raises ..... Anymore burns soooo bad :bawling: ha ha. Heck, I am no glutton for punishment :) And Highgrade, forgot to mention in my last post, congrats on your lifestyle change. You are doing great...and best of luck in your job hunt.

Welcome HG!
Some great changes you've made there- sounds like you've learned a lot...it always is refreshing to hear a gal who doesn't measure her fitness accomplishments by the scales
keep up your terrific progress! :)

Top Bottom