Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to spawn calf growth

How do your calves respond best?

• Very heavy weight, lower reps

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Light weight, high reps

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I don't isolate calves...

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
i say very heavy weight, low reps, supersetted with very low weight, high reps.

OR, on lifting days, heavy weight low reps,

then sprinting up hill on non lifting days, interval training style

I have to say that the best calf workout I have ever done was a Nelson Montana's routine and DC routine it's a close second! I's not really light or heavyweight, but rather the rest interval that makes it tough!

i think its all about genetics, my calves are small and will always be small. they dont help lift any weight anyhow so whatever haha

All Of the above works, now heres another way First we need to understand the mechanics of this muscle

The calves are an entirely different muscle,since they get worked every day ,walking,jumping,etc-so here we have to introduce them to the "Shock" Value.
Buy a chain at any hardware store about 6to7 feet in length is sufficent add a clip on lock hook to each end.
Now wrap the chain around your waist and lock in place grab a plate 25,35,45 whatever it takes to run the chain thru the hole (olympic plate) You will have to get on your knees to do this then hook the plate where it hangs just low enough that it's just above the knees, do free standing calf raises with a weight that you can rep 100 times without stopping you may hold on to a pole or side of a maching for stability,2nd set try for another 100 if you can't thats ok, be sure to use strict form with no bouncing.
I Forgot To add its more confortable if you have a weight belt,that way you only need 3 ft of chain.S hooks will work also.
RADAR

All Of the above works, now heres another way First we need to understand the mechanics of this muscle

The calves are an entirely different muscle,since they get worked every day ,walking,jumping,etc-so here we have to introduce them to the "Shock" Value.
Buy a chain at any hardware store about 6to7 feet in length is sufficent add a clip on lock hook to each end.
Now wrap the chain around your waist and lock in place grab a plate 25,35,45 whatever it takes to run the chain thru the hole (olympic plate) You will have to get on your knees to do this then hook the plate where it hangs just low enough that it's just above the knees, do free standing calf raises with a weight that you can rep 100 times without stopping you may hold on to a pole or side of a maching for stability,2nd set try for another 100 if you can't thats ok, be sure to use strict form with no bouncing.
I Forgot To add its more confortable if you have a weight belt,that way you only need 3 ft of chain.S hooks will work also.
RADAR

So you vote light weight high reps over low reps ultra heavy?

So you vote light weight high reps over low reps ultra heavy?

No ! I didn't vote, because every exercise has it's place but! The body adapts, then it's time to switch things up abit, like stopping drage curls, and switching to the incline bench to do free hand bumbell curls!
The same applies to the calves!

RADAR

agree with radar. calves are groups that can be worked EVERY DAY i.m.o. i do them inbetween all of my 5x5 sets. i have a 50lb dumbbell i hold with the opposite hand from the calf i'm working. (i hold onto my bench w/other hand). i have a 2x4 elevated off the floor.... all the way down, all the way up, hold it, stretch calf muscle.... repeat. i do that until i fall off the board. i've measured physical results.

other than that, genetics is 80% of the equation......

I've heard so many different opinions from people with massive calves and it's really strange that almost none of them work out their calves in any particular way....Personally, I think you should do heavy standing calf raises , folled by volume training (lotsa reps with light weights - seated calf raises - do it very slowely and make sure you're feeling the burn)

I finally got my calves to grow doing a 3x per week routine. I do as heavy as I can go in the 12 to 20 rep range. I seem to respond to the standing calve raise machine the best. Have added 1.5 inches in the last 4 months.

Top Bottom