Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to spawn calf growth

How do your calves respond best?

• Very heavy weight, lower reps

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Light weight, high reps

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I don't isolate calves...

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
My calves are so sore today I can barely walk and I cant sit down for more than about 10mins otherwise they seize up and it is literally hell to try and get rid of or walk about. I dont remember a muscle every being this sore before. What I did was:
Seated Machine Calf Raise 1x75 with weight just a bit lighter than 20 rep max, rest paused
Standing Weighted Calf Raise on block, 25lbs weighted vest rest paused to 110 reps, drop vest and go to failure
Standing Weighted Calf Raise on block same weight rest paused to only 55 though.

5 mins rest between exercises.

My calves are so sore today I can barely walk and I cant sit down for more than about 10mins otherwise they seize up and it is literally hell to try and get rid of or walk about. I dont remember a muscle every being this sore before. What I did was:
Seated Machine Calf Raise 1x75 with weight just a bit lighter than 20 rep max, rest paused
Standing Weighted Calf Raise on block, 25lbs weighted vest rest paused to 110 reps, drop vest and go to failure
Standing Weighted Calf Raise on block same weight rest paused to only 55 though.

Lol oops I didnt mean to do that. Yeah that was fuckin agony getting them rubbed after. Im gonna do the same routine on friday I think...

I try to change it all the time. I have one good calf and one bad. I'm thinking it might be my leg is longer than the other. I don't have a good mind-muscle connection with the gimpy one. Single leg exercises work and I try to do every machine/angle/rep/set combo I can every month.

With that being said, I've also considered to stop training them.

I did just the first part of extramiles routine and my calves were done. Then i thought i could bang out 60 more on smith machine 135lbs and did about 15 lol.

i think rest pause is the best way to go, but enough reps to really just kill your calves (50-75)

u just did the seated calf part? hey maybe i should advertise that as the EM Calf Routine :D

if anyone else wants to do it, for standing calf raises I used a weight i could get about 30-40 good reps with and rest paused it to 110 reps, then dropped the weight and repped out till failure with bodyweight, rested a few mins and did the same weight again but only rest paused it to 55, and again repped out to failure with bodyweight straight after

that was months ago when i was doing work experience at the gym so i was sat around wondering what to do so i ended up doing lots of calf, forearm and ab work throughout the week, but i might try that routine i did sometime soon, maybe after my shoulder workout...

I rode a bicycle all my life. Not competitively, just to and from school and around town with friends. My calves are huge, but it also has a bit to do with genetics. My father's calves are real bulky too, but not as big as mine so I believe the bicycle riding contributed to my large calves. I also do standing calf raises along with sitting calf raises. I do find the sitting calf raises gives me a better stretch and really flexes it more than standing.

I rode a bicycle all my life. Not competitively, just to and from school and around town with friends. My calves are huge, but it also has a bit to do with genetics. My father's calves are real bulky too, but not as big as mine so I believe the bicycle riding contributed to my large calves. I also do standing calf raises along with sitting calf raises. I do find the sitting calf raises gives me a better stretch and really flexes it more than standing.

yes but does your father eat a high protein diet like you? I ride my bike all the time too and my calves didnt respond at all from that. Lately Iv been doing extreme low reps on the seated calf machine and its brutal, I can feel the muscles working and when I go to stand up after they go all tight. They actually look slightly bigger already and Iv only been doing this for 2-3 weeks. By extreme low reps I mean usually my sets are 3-8 reps, most of the time I start off with a 2-4 rep set, do 2 sets with that weight and work up taking off 10lbs each set and do about 6 sets so my the lest day Im doing 6-9 reps, then I finish off with one higher rep set to like 10-12 reps where I stop at the bottom position and then explode and hold it flexed for a few seconds on each rep. But Im gonna do the routine I posted above next time just to try it out again :evil:

Top Bottom