Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best way to spawn calf growth

How do your calves respond best?

• Very heavy weight, lower reps

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Light weight, high reps

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I don't isolate calves...

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
At first 50+ reps worked well for me with standing calf raise on a step, but im enjoying seated calf raise 12-15 reps right now.

Good form and complete reps!!!

Every rep should be paused 3-5 seconds in the fully stretched bottom position then you should explode into full extension.

In my quest to beat shitty calf genetics I have tried many things. What is currently working for me.......

Standing calf raises - One set rest-paused. Basically pick a weight in which you fail at in the 10-12 rep range with perfect form. You do one set to failure, hop off of the machine, take 20 deep breathes, and then repeat for two more mini sets. You should try to get 30 reps within the three mini sets of the rest-pause. Once you get thirty add weight next session.

After the rest-paused set do 3 sets of 6 to 8 reps of seated calf raises as heavy as possible. Don't let heavy weight make you use shit form.

After the one rest-pause set and the three sets of seated raises stretch each calf on a block individually for 60-90 seconds.

I typically do this once a week and it is working for me. Expect some soreness the day after.

Also walking on an incline treadmill and hill sprints will make your calves swell up too.

I'd vote all 3 if I could.

I liked those very high rep sets as a beginner just like ExtraMile. Then I stalled out and didn't make good progress until I lowered reps to 6-8.

Now I just do maintenance whenever the mood strikes, usually in the 8-10 range as I can hold these best at longer TUT.

One thing that works for me is doubling up on the standing calf raises. My gym has 2 different types of machines- the one where you're standing vertically on a block and one where you're seated on a sled at an angle. I do 3 sets of 8-10 on the sled version and immediately after my 3rd set I go to the other machine and do a set of 10 as heavy as I can with a good 3 sec. pause between each rep. Really gets the blood pumping and for some reason makes the seated raises that I do next more bearable. I vary my reps on these- sometimes low, sometimes up to 20.

heavy weight and highreps (which for me is 10-20 rep range) if you do it right you should almost piss yourself.

3 times a week. switch it up.
one week ill do 2 heavy days and 1 light.
the other 2 light 1 heavy. always do burn-outs front left and right after sets.

Good posts so far! Seems like the concensus is that you need to work them multiple times/week. The most I've done is 2x/week but maybe I need to step it up? My calves are definitly lacking right now.

Top Bottom