Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best shoulder day options

Losie23

I'm looking to do a good shoulder workout
I figured I could sneak it in on a Wednesday in between my splits that were on Tuesday and Thursday
I've got several exercises on my list
front raises
bent over reverse fly
upright row
seated dumbbell press
barbell standing press
Arnold press
Any more suggestions on what I could be missing?

Front Raises, seated DB press, Barbell press, and Arnold press all work the front delt. Pent over reverse fly hits the rear delt and upright row hits rear and side delt, but to really build that shoulder cap you need more side delt work. My go to is lateral raises for this. You can do db, cable, or db laying on your side as each of these hit the outer part of the delts a little differently. I might cut down a little on the presses as when doing a press motion the area that the rotator cuff goes through gets smaller and increases the risk of an impingement occurring. Now I know the pros all do overhead pressing motions, but to me honest I only do lighter weight Arnold presses overhead to keep range of motion and all my heavy shoulder work is done below the shoulders since having my rotator cuff tendon re-attached.

I'm looking to do a good shoulder workout
I figured I could sneak it in on a Wednesday in between my splits that were on Tuesday and Thursday
I've got several exercises on my list
front raises
bent over reverse fly
upright row
seated dumbbell press
barbell standing press
Arnold press
Any more suggestions on what I could be missing?
You know it gets a lot of hate but military press and arnold presses the best for shoulders

Top Bottom