Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best protein source

Womb Raider

Does all protein, gram per gram, have pretty much the same effect, regardless of the source? If not, what types of food should I try to eat most? Is real food better than protein shakes?

I notice alot of people's diets include mostly eggs and tuna. Is this because it is a more effective source or is it because it is cheaper?

If there is a difference could I get some feedbeack on how good the following are? Feel free to add to the list.

eggs
chicken breast
lean steak
hamburger
pork/ham
tuna
other fish
milk

Thanks bros

2 comments..
Protein Powder VS real food protein is only used to save time and Money.
Whey Protein is the quickest absorbed so it should be used after W/O within 30 Min..

The best protein excepting the above reasons, is a Mix from the sources you mentioned.
They each have benefits and drawbacks.
Non fish, Meat protein will have some added cholesterol but will contain Amino's lacking in some of the other sources
Fish protein (tuna,swordfish) will have good EFA Omega 3 oils and Tuna is fast from the can, easy and cheap to eat.
Veg Protein will have certain Amino acids that the other's are lacking.
Of all the listed sources I have cut way back on Red meat because I can generally get all the benefits from other sources without the added small amount of Fat/Cholesterol it contains especially Hamburger/pork.

IMO, there is not ONE best source. Some are better than other's but remember to mis up the source depending on the situation.

As far as whole foods go, from what I have read, the "best" proteins, or the ones with the highest BV are whole eggs, and red meat. Franco columbo always promoted fish........i haven't heard much about pork. Hope that sort of helped.

well the thing is i hate fish, including tuna, so it is never part of my diet. does flax seed oil have enought of the omega-3s or should i be taking some fish oil caps?

still looking for feedback on pork - particularly ham. I buy these hormel 3lb extra lean hams which i like to cut up into small cubes and snack on during the day. they are 100 cal have 15g protein 4.5 g fat (1.5 sat) per 3oz serving. I know the sodium can't be all that good for me, but besides that, is it a good source of protein?

Bump on the protein from ham question. I can't see any reason why it would be not that great, but considering the amount of lean ham slices I eat I would like some confirmation too.

The only comment I can make regarding Ham is to look at the Sodium content.
The only Ham that is generally Lower Sodium is Boiled ham. Even it is a Processed meat and will contain more Nitrates that are bad than other Red meats.
I don't know of any value Ham would have over turkey or lean Red meat

you can eat fish, and chicken and what ever the crap else you want....... those sources are all fine..... if your trying to cut bodyfat, like for a show or the summer

but red meat and eggs is the way to go.......(whole eggs that is)........ red meat...... mainly steak.....

there is a difference between red meat eaters and other people...... they look harder tighter and bigger

if your bulking...... red meat and whole eggs all the way

If your eating a load of Steak and Whole eggs, please make sure you don't fall over onto me when you have your Heart Attack....:D

Top Bottom