Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Army Helicopter Unsafe

needtogetaas said:
You can airborn jump out of a Chinooks as well bro. 5 man teams.

Chinook jumps are a blast. I did a water Chinook jump once. It feels weird just leaping off the end and going straight down.

javaguru said:
I had a security clearance back in the day and all I had to do was fill out some paperwork. I don't see anything about the video that would make it classified, they were recovering SEAL teams in Vietnam the same way.... :)
I doubt things have changed during the time you had a security clearance. Any video or audiotaping of any classified operation is illegal. Perhaps the video was of a training exercise.

We videotape some of our stuff through our helmets (for government purposes, not personal). The video is encrypted and not even we can access it (it's on a large flash drive that gets dumped at the end of each mission).

i worked on helicopters in the navy for 12 years. believe me, there is not one aircraft in the entire military that is safe to fly in.

bigmann245 said:
i worked on helicopters in the navy for 12 years. believe me, there is not one aircraft in the entire military that is safe to fly in.
I hear ya. I hate to see it when they "rebuild" a helicopter and you find they had parts left over. No wonder helicopters crash so often in the military (plus their heavy usage).

swatdoc said:
I hear ya. I hate to see it when they "rebuild" a helicopter and you find they had parts left over. No wonder helicopters crash so often in the military (plus their heavy usage).

"parts left over"???? wtf??? you guys get bluto and otter to fix your choppers?? that is very frightening........ :worried:

swatdoc said:

whats worse is when you find spare parts after 3 quality assurance checks, 4 pilots checks and 3 flights later.

okay, if that is the standard in the military how much worse is a discount airline?? that's it, i'm walking everywhere

redsamurai said:
"parts left over"???? wtf??? you guys get bluto and otter to fix your choppers?? that is very frightening........ :worried:
You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. A friend of mine was an army helicopter mechanic. To hear the stories he tells is unbelievable.

Recently while we were launching from a Naval carrier on an SH-60, the mechanic was joking that he couldn't figure out where the leftover bolt came from after he rebuilt one of the turbines. NICE! Can I cancel my contract now before our mission?

swatdoc said:
You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. A friend of mine was an army helicopter mechanic. To hear the stories he tells is unbelievable.

Recently while we were launching from a Naval carrier on an SH-60, the mechanic was joking that he couldn't figure out where the leftover bolt came from after he rebuilt one of the turbines. NICE! Can I cancel my contract now before our mission?

the look I would have given that dude is "one more word and you're getting punched right in the face"

swatdoc said:

thats funny because i was specialized in the SH-60b

Top Bottom