Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there any Low carb snacks...lol?

Veg Head

Im a vegatarian....on a low carb diet...but everything seems to have so many carbs in it...even fruit!!! Can u guys pleeeeease list any snacks u know of that are good for low carb diets w/ not too much fat in them...because i have no clue....:confused:

Thank Youe;)

try some meat cubes or cheesecubes or stringcheese of course water is always good the meat and cheese are high in fat though guess that leaves water LOL ..... seriously most snack food is pure carbs but then you probably knew that already

How low carb are you?? best thing i can tell you is veggies but you probably already know that....if a little carbs dont bother you id look into rice cakes...fill ya up pretty good and the lightly salted ones only have 7 carbs each...toss a little lowfat/fat free cheese on them and their pretty good

Since you didn't mention anything about dairy products, then I suggest egg-beater omelets with fat-free shredded cheddar, and any kind of veggies you like.

OR

Put a 12 oz pack of tofu into a blender with some ice and a little water. While it is blending, add 1-2 Tbsp of cocoa and some low-cal sweetener.

OR

Soy hotdogs (make sure it is made with soy isolate)

OR

protein bars

OR

order some parillo protein pudding. http://www.parillo.com but buy it at a lower-priced store.

OR

Stuff some bell peppers with cheese (fat-free if you want) and other cooked veggies and spices. Bake it. It is easy to put in a bag and carry around.

Low Carbing and being a vegatarian has to be hard. Hmmmmm, about the only thing i can think of are sunflower seeds/nuts, and maybe pork rinds (its kinda not a meat ;) )

Cheese is probably your best bet.

I agree with KWK. Pork Rinds used to be my snack item when I was low carbing. Suprisingly, they don't have that much fat. A serving has about 7 grams compared to about 14 grams of fat for potato chips. They have no carbs at all, and alot of protein. However I think the protein is Collagen which isn't a complete protein, so it doesn't count. But they are crunchy, and a nice tasting snack for someone who can't eat carbs.

Not sure if eating skin is OK with vegetarians though.

Top Bottom