Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone have an arm blasting routine?

the People's Champ said:

this is what exactly I was looking at, but I currently am working on chest/tris, and back/bis. I will start this routine as of now. I am more motivated now, because I finally got off my lazy ass and bought some chain for my weight belt. time for my arms to explode

That's the ticket, those heavy compound movements will build you arms like nothing else will

I like the looks of the program N.S., but how is it on strength? If you train arms alone and chest alone does it hurt your 1RM? The reason I ask is because I am a bodybuilder at heart but am having fun with powerlifting right now. Basicly I want both size/definition and power!

Let me know what you think about this as I will try a change if you were able to maintain, or, increase your 1RM with that type of a split.

needsize said:
I don't have any quick fixes, but the program i use for arms has put the last 3" or so on my arms

bi's
standing barbell curls 3x5 reps
incline dumbell curls 3x6-8 reps
preacher curls 2-3x8-10 reps

tri's
close grip bench 3x5 reps
weighted dips 3x6-8 reps
skull crushers 3x8-10 reps

I like it!! Looks like what I used to follow!:D

barbell265 said:
I like the looks of the program N.S., but how is it on strength? If you train arms alone and chest alone does it hurt your 1RM? The reason I ask is because I am a bodybuilder at heart but am having fun with powerlifting right now. Basicly I want both size/definition and power!

Let me know what you think about this as I will try a change if you were able to maintain, or, increase your 1RM with that type of a split.

Nope, if anything it helps my overall strength. For example, hitting triceps on their own allows me to use weights that I could not hope to move after training chest. This increased strength allows me to bench more than I could otherwise. I'm even up to 315lbs for sets of 5 on close grip bench, that has really helped bring up my bench to the point where I can single around 405lbs with a pause as the bottom, and I dont even train for strength.

needsize said:

I'm even up to 315lbs for sets of 5 on close grip bench, that has really helped bring up my bench to the point where I can single around 405lbs with a pause as the bottom, and I dont even train for strength.

:eek2:

Damn son...315 is a lot or iron to push close grip...are we talking 6-inch spacing?

JoBu

Top Bottom