Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody have Colitis or Crohn's disease?

silverbackn said:
I have ulcerative colitis. I am a 24 year old competitive bodybuilder. I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. I was put on colazol, 9 pills a day, to keep it under control. I stopped taking it about 3 months ago to see what would happen, my stomach is kind of bothering me now but I don't know if it's just something transient or if it is in fact the colitis causing it. Anybody with any experience? What are you taking? Do you feel like shit at times? What prescribed drugs have worked best? I would love to hear some feedback, I know I'm not the only one.

I have crohns disease. My weight would bounce from over 220 when I was bloated and loaded up prednisone to the times I would get down to 135 when I was sick. I was in misory from 15 to 25. However, I have been in remission for the last 8 yrs and feel great! I did it from changing my diet, and eliminating the stress I had in my life at that time. (I know dr's say diet isn't important and stress doesn't have much to do with it.)

Since you are a body builder. I assume you are eating 6 to 8 balanced meals a day. This is great. However, if you are taking any oral steroid, caffeine, ephedra, etc...These can cause flare ups.

Good luck

awittyusername said:
I have crohns disease. My weight would bounce from over 220 when I was bloated and loaded up prednisone to the times I would get down to 135 when I was sick. I was in misory from 15 to 25. However, I have been in remission for the last 8 yrs and feel great! I did it from changing my diet, and eliminating the stress I had in my life at that time. (I know dr's say diet isn't important and stress doesn't have much to do with it.)

Since you are a body builder. I assume you are eating 6 to 8 balanced meals a day. This is great. However, if you are taking any oral steroid, caffeine, ephedra, etc...These can cause flare ups.

Good luck
Congratulations on getting your health back, that awesome! I lost 27 pounds over 3 months when I got it. That is very encouraging. Stay after it!

I had it, Think I still do, The doc put me on some antibiotics, I had to quit eating hot foods, and raw fruits and vegetables. If you keep a pretty good diet you can ussally keep it in remission. Also buy some anti-diarhea OTC medicine.

dfav000 said:
I had it, Think I still do, The doc put me on some antibiotics, I had to quit eating hot foods, and raw fruits and vegetables. If you keep a pretty good diet you can ussally keep it in remission. Also buy some anti-diarhea OTC medicine.
That is so true about the OTC stuff. I don't know if I could survive without immodium AD, sometimes I take it just in case if I am going somewhere. It works very well for me.

dfav000 said:
the best anti diarrhea meds i have everfound for crohns disease is lomotil. I carry it everywhere I go. If you have insurance, its the cheapest way to go. You can get 60 tiny pills that u can just take without water for 16 bucks. and it only takes 1.

I have crohns disease and have had it since i was 14 im now 17 and have been lifting for a year and would like to start bodybuilding. Im on remicade and imuran(azithioprine) and right now ive recently recovred from a major flare up that put me in the hospital and on prednisone. i was wondering if anyone every worked out hard while they were on prednisone because it made me bigger even though cortisone is supposed to deteriorate muscles

I have it as well. When I have it under control I am able to do pretty much anything I want athletically. :)

As you know, when it acts up, it makes eating tough which kind of screws up bodybuilding *just a little bit* doesn't it?? :(

While you guys seem to be suffering from the diahrea, my Crohn's actually causes me the total opposite where I get blocked from scar tissue in the intestines. I am awaiting my 2nd surgery (a re-sectiion) which I look forward to because I had one 6 years ago and felt amazing until this scar tissue started acting up.

Good luck to you all and just keep lifting weights... It is the BEST medicine!! :)

By the way guys I just thought of a new idea. (Well new to ME anyways--hehe)

I assume a lot of you Crohn's people suffer bouts of anemia after prolonged periods of internal bowel bleeding/ulcerations. The traditional treatment for this is Ferrous Gluconate tabs or iron injections... But what if we were to supplement Dessicated Liver tablets instead?? They are known to boost iron but I am hoping in not as harsh and constipating a way as Ferrous Gluconate.

I will let you know how it goes...

I have had ulcerative colitis since 1994.Fortunately it remained localized in the procto-sigmoid lower colon.I found that no oral meds helped so I use cortenema for a few weeks when suffering a flare up.If it gets really out of control I gotta use prednisone for a couple of weeks(maybe once a year or so)I'm a 36 yr old male and I find that when I'm not emotionally stressed the disease seems to calm down.However even in the calm state I still can't wait too long if I need to use the washroom.

Top Bottom