Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any Suggestions?

S

solidj55

Ok I have about four more weeks of heavy training and one light day or two until my meet. On my bench the past two weeks I have done the following:
Week1- 275x7,295x3
Week2-280x6,300x2
Ok I do about three or four light/moderate warmup sets but those are the two "working" sets that I have done. These are also without a shirt. Ok the deal is that I am going to start using the shirt this Monday on my heavy day and I was wondering if anyone could suggest how I should do this. What do you guys recomend that I do raw before putting the shirt on and what should I do after putting the shirt on? Any suggestions would be great. The reason Im asking is because I dont want to overtrain going so heavy(as my raw max is 330 and max with a shirt is unknown at this point) . I know all about periodization and the three to four week rule on going heavy that Westside talks about. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way if it helps my workout is like PowerlifterJays.

Monday-heavy bench,elbows out extensions(heavy 5's),
weighted dips(heavy 5's), front d-bell raises(light 8's)

Tuesday-tbar rows(heavy 5's), seated cable row(heavy 5's), rear delt fly(light 8's), light hammer curls

Thursday-light bench(speed work 8sets of 3), light pushdowns(10's), light dumbell extensions (10's), light lat pulldowns(10's)

Friday-legs

I do two actual working sets on everthing as that is what works best for me but I am afraid by going so heavy I may overtrain.

My opinion

Try warming up like you would for a light single. Start lighter than you think you need to because the equipment can really change your groove. Shit the first time I put a squat suit on with the straps up, damn thing pinned me because I couldn't sink down far enough and it turned into a too long pause squat. And I couldn't get used to the push it gave me. The weight was my working weight for doubles(sort of like louie simmons, but maybe a little higher percentage than they use) at the time. SO start below what your top set is now, maybe around the area of what your first work set is. But really be careful on watching what your form does.

Top Bottom