Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any of you cycle in reg flat bench...as ME?

Those are very similar to the numbers I'd like to hit for my comp Dec 1st.

Are you doing speed work?

lets see if i had to guess my elbows are about 45 degrees out from my body on regular bench. flat bench touching my sides...

im assuming that is what you were referinng to?

that line confused me. i mean to say that on comp grip my elbows are out at 45 degree angle and with close grip (smooth grip). my ...upper arms are tucked right into the side of my body...

basicially in a nutshell should be elbows and upper arms be tucked in at an angle less than 45 degrees...i do not flare my elbows out on regular bench that everyone might think i do...i keep them at 45 degrees from body...throughout the lift...since my arc is very little though noticeable...my close grip no arc at all...

hannibal...
yeah i guess that is so...maybe its because on flat regular i have my upper arms at 45 degrees...i dotn try to bring them in any more than that....while...with close grips i think about tucking them into my sides...

i might try to...tuck em in with regular grip...with is pinky just inside ring. with a max grip...i would feel extremely awkward with...such an elbow tuck...since just using 45 degree elbow tuck with such a wide grip is hard for me...

no

i havnet done speed work...i will possibly add em in. i read a post by jay where he says dont need em necessarily...i think its worth a try though...

yeah ive read em...all...

still unsure about the bench thing...on regular do i tuck as dramatically as close grip...as in really tuck them in to sides...i thought it was 45 as opposed to 90 degree that bbers use...i thought that constituted enough of a tuck...on reg bench...

PLUSA,

Nothing wrong with your bench, necessarily. A 45 degree tuck is probably fine. I know you think you should be raw benching near 400 by now. Double bodyweight with a shirt is not run of the mill at a meet. Double bodyweight raw is very very special indeed. Don't feel bad about where you are at.

My chest does not get sore when I bench, unless I allow my upper back pinch to get flattened out. If you are benching with good form, your shoulder blades will be pinched together to the point that your pecs are somewhat taken out of the equation. Some pec strength is of course necessary, but I think what spatterson and hannibal are trying to get across, is that if your pecs are the dominant muscle group in your bench, then you are not benching with proper form.

I benched yesterday, and my pecs are a tiny bit sore, and I can tell you that is because I got smashed flat by 650 doing a board/shirt press. As of right now, and I assure you this won't be the case for long, my upper back is not strong enough for me to keep my pinch and stand up on my shoulders with that kind of weight. When I got smashed out, my pecs had to take more of the strain, which is why they are a little sore today.

If your pecs are sore every workout, and you are tucking your elbows, then the only thing I can think of is that you are not pinching your shoulder blades together. Or if you are doing that, but still sore, then your upper back is not strong enough, and you are getting smashed flat by the bar weight, which will shift more stress to the pecs. The only way to know for sure is to watch you. Where do you live by the way. We have elite members all over the country, actually world, who could help you out.

B.

ill be moving back to upstate ny in about 2.5 weeks...

well other day i benched...same as usual...but nornmally i throw some "bodybuidling" stuff like db presses to failure. normally with those in there im sore for a good 4 days afterwards...3 days very very sore. saturday i did just bench and skipped the dbs and such...and my chest is not sore at all here on monday...so i think that could be the problem as far as soreness goes...

Top Bottom