Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any of you cycle in reg flat bench...as ME?

im not sure why some get so defensive about shirt vs no shirt...

obv it makes a differnce...if some gain 100+ lbs with a shirt...

i dont make any judgements about whether "not fair" etc. i could care less... about such endless arguments. to me its like arguiing politics or religion...pointless...

Do your arms go down close to your body or out to the sides?

where does the bar hit? upper chest, lower chest, abdomen?

powerlifting USA said:
im not sure why some get so defensive about shirt vs no shirt...

obv it makes a differnce...if some gain 100+ lbs with a shirt...

i dont make any judgements about whether "not fair" etc. i could care less... about such endless arguments. to me its like arguiing politics or religion...pointless...

LOL...I'm not talking about the great lifting gear debate. I'm talking about form. It's the same whether you use a shirt or not.

powerlifting USA said:

its weird also ...tris i never really get sore...lats only a bit...and chest is excruciating soreness sometimes...feels like im freaking bruised...i always bench with elbows tucked in...

Hmmmmm....that's strange. I would have to see that. I dont know how, if you are tucking your elbows, that you would be activating your chest to that degree.

Something doesn't add up....

A male benching 315 at 190...I'm going to guess you bench more like a body builder. Would have to see it. You have a video file or pic?

Last edited:
for some reason when i bench ...close grip i feel much tighter...and to be honest i can feel greater stability and tightness in the lats...when i go wider...i seem to lose that feeling of tightness...i like the squashed feeling that i get when doing close grips...

lets see if i had to guess my elbows are about 45 degrees out from my body on regular bench. flat bench touching my sides...

45 degrees is too little "tuck"...? so basically im doing a close grip...with a wider grip...sounds weird...but i mean the technique is ...the same?

see when i bench...regular grip...i tend to arc slightly backward...(very slightly)....when doing close grip...i bench straight up...

help me out here...

how do you define "flat bench" vs "regular bench"

..and where does the bar land? upper chest, etc...

this bench press is embarasssing...bc its just so out of whack...with other lifts...

not sure what i can deadlift right now...

but i can squat...475 rock bottom with a belt with no problem...and i know i can do 555 within a year...since i havnet been training my squat very hard...until very recently...and its just feels very natural for me...

and 315 bench really ...doesnt go to well with it...

im thinking i sould be able to bench about 390 or so...raw...by now...

powerlifting USA said:
see when i bench...regular grip...i tend to arc slightly backward...(very slightly)....when doing close grip...i bench straight up...

help me out here...

OK...now I really need to see this. You have the tricep power to press the bar in a straight line when you have a close grip. But when you move your hands out your triceps are weaker and force you to press in an arc for your delts to take over?

Top Bottom