Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

another question about powerlifting WSB style

my problem is that when im at lockout, i actually come up off the bench. is that normal? seems like i could break form.

bignate73 said:
my problem is that when im at lockout, i actually come up off the bench. is that normal? seems like i could break form.

i know coming off the bench is bad, but you should shove so hard that you feel like your going too.

i think the reason why is because your continuing to accelerate all the way threw the lift, which is not a bad thing, but it can do damage on your elbows.

im guessing of course.

X

bignate73 said:

i'm afraid that isn't normal. in competition that will nail you with a "red" light because of you coming off the bench. i would practice form more and are you familiar with metal militia? if you are, you should be arching like them. i had the same issue when SB told me to work on my form more and it helped. tb

i arch like MM. problem is that i lock out hard (speed work) and come up off the bench a bit. like a bounce. i dont move when doing heavy work. just speed work.

then, work on that form during speed work. try to keep your ass on the bench by pullin your feet back even further. this was how i got around my issue of this. tb

thebrute said:
then, work on that form during speed work. try to keep your ass on the bench by pullin your feet back even further. this was how i got around my issue of this. tb

he's not talking about his ass brute, its his upper back thats coming off.

its like this. bar's on your chest......... shove up to full lockout..... ass stays as pivit on bench and your upper body comes up like your starting a sit up.

i had a bad problem with these when i first did wsb.

X

Exodus said:

its like this. bar's on your chest......... shove up to full lockout..... ass stays as pivit on bench and your upper body comes up like your starting a sit up.

X

yep exactly. since i switched up and got a bigger arch, my ass is planted. its my upper back that bounces now just from the press. i gotta tinker with it.

Exodus said:

X

wow...that's an odd case there. hmmmm. where is the bar traveling? are you driving the traps into the bench? tb

thebrute said:

wow...that's an odd case there. hmmmm. where is the bar traveling? are you driving the traps into the bench? tb

thats what the problem is, if your flying off the bench, your not driving your legs hard enough.

X

Top Bottom