Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

another question about powerlifting WSB style

bignate73 said:
just keep in mind F=m/a if the mass is low, then you need alot of acceleration to develop force, your overall ability to develop speed could be hindered with the shorter range of motion.

Actually Force = Mass times acceleration. Likewise, a=F/m. The lighter the mass the less force required to accelerate.

When we speed squat, we get to the box, stay tight, count "1-1000" and explode back up. I simply do speed bench the same way.

If you did box squats at Westside and did a fast touch and go, Lou would yell at you to have a seat (on the box).

spatts, your my angel........lol

i know what you mean. i have a 315 raw bench and 8-10 sets of 3 reps either "catching the bar" or touching the chest, kills my bicep tendonitis in my left arm.

plus i have never got the aspect of using the box for squats, but free benching.

nate........ true, most wsb trainee's put their box at parallel or below, but you have to remember, parallel is a line that a judge has to see on each individual lifter due to body proportions. on a bench, it has to touch the chest on everyone, a lot less guess work if you see what i mean.

but my floor press, with my thumbs laid out on the bar touching the smooth, the bar actually touches my chest. so it is not a partial for me.

im going to keep reading and make my decision to either do speed on the floor or just pause like spatt's is doing.

spatts, do you see any reason why it would be bad to do on the floor???

i just read a post on the Q&A section of elitefts.com where dave tate says that last year he did a lot of his speed bench press off of either a 1 board or a 2 board.

X

thanks spatts, your a doll.

X

Nothing works for everyone all the time. The best you can do is try it for a bit. If you like it, great! If not, change it up. :)

I did it the other way for over a year. Now I do it this way. Maybe next year there will be another way. As long as my bench goes up, and I'm healthy...

spatts said:

Actually Force = Mass times acceleration. Likewise, a=F/m. The lighter the mass the less force required to accelerate.

oops forgot one part

/ + \ = X

just missed a key stroke to cross my forward slash.

you know what i meant! ;)

spatts said:
Nothing works for everyone all the time. The best you can do is try it for a bit. If you like it, great! If not, change it up. :)

I did it the other way for over a year. Now I do it this way. Maybe next year there will be another way. As long as my bench goes up, and I'm healthy...

thats what this is all about, finding out what works for you and making gains!!!

i think i will do it, but like every 2nd or 4th week.

i appreciate all replys.

X

Exodus said:
speed days.............. you do box squat for squat, and bench press for bench press but you dont pause.

what if you did floor press and paused for sec, and then exploded back up for 2 reps instead of 3.

can anyone see why that wouldnt work??? becuase my floor press rom is the exact same as my reg bench rom. the bar is touching my shirt on floor pressing???

im curious to see what everyone says, please also provide reasons for your opinions as well.

X

hmmm, on floor presses, the bar isn't supposed to touch your chest. it should touch about 2-3 inches above your chest. i would do the speed bench for now for 10x3 and see how that goes. trust me...this does more good than you think. tb

Re: Re: another question about powerlifting WSB style

thebrute said:

hmmm, on floor presses, the bar isn't supposed to touch your chest. it should touch about 2-3 inches above your chest. i would do the speed bench for now for 10x3 and see how that goes. trust me...this does more good than you think. tb

yeah the point was not saying that it wont do me good, i know that, but like spatts pointed out, speed touch and go bench with bands or free weight kills my bicep tendonitis.

and im sorry, but my floor press does touch my stomach....... maybe all you guys are slacking and dont have a big enough belly........lol

X

Re: Re: Re: another question about powerlifting WSB style

Exodus said:

yeah the point was not saying that it wont do me good, i know that, but like spatts pointed out, speed touch and go bench with bands or free weight kills my bicep tendonitis.

and im sorry, but my floor press does touch my stomach....... maybe all you guys are slacking and dont have a big enough belly........lol

X

i though it was the chest..LOL. trust me, i'm not slackin on the floor press..just don't have a big enough stomach!!! i didn't know about the bicep. well in that case, give it a go!!! tb

Top Bottom