Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I eating too much food?

Grim Divinity

Ok... I'm 194 6' 13% body fat

For the last year I've always known that Diet is teh most important part of gaining mass.

Well, I finally decide to eat the part.

The only problem is... I think I'm eating too much. I'm gaining fat VERY quickly.. it's been 3 weeks on this new diet and I've gone from 183 @8 or 9% bf to 194 at 13 to 15%. Admittedly.. my strength has gone up so that is good, and I know that fat is an inescapable part of gaining mass... but I went from ripped abs... to being able to grab handfuls of fat all over my stomach. My pecs look horrible now... more like breasts then anything... well its not that bad... but at this rate I'll have gained 20 lbs of fat by july.

here is what I eat:

meal 1 --- 3/4 cup of oatmeal and 1 protein shake]
meal 2 --- 2 large potatoes, peanut butter sandwich
meal 3 --- protein shake and something like soup or pasta

meal 4 --- 2 large potatoes, peanut butter sandwich
meal 5 --- (post workout) protein shake, big meal... pasta, meat.. whatver something big with a lot of carbs and protein
meal 6 --- 2 large potatoes, 2 slices of bread, banana, sometimes another protein shake also

I also sometimes add in a 7th meal if I have the time..

Now what I need to know is..... is this overkill????

I went from ripped abs... to being able to grab handfuls of fat all over my stomach.

What you are grabbing is mostly water, not bodyfat. Your increased diet of primarily carbohydrates has caused your body to store carbohydrates in the form of glycogen. Each gram of carbohydrate also grabs two and a half grams of water to go with it. The cells get larger as a result - Hence the added weight around the stomach and chest.

What you need to do is back off the carbohydrates a bit. Remember, your body can only store so much carbohydrate, so don't ruin a healthy body by flooding in too much carbohydrate that the body doesn't need. Once the body begins to use it's own carbohydrate stores for energy, the puffiness around your stomach and chest will diminish.

Last edited:
Main suggestion: up the protein. You're a big guy, you need more protein than that. Do NOT eat carbs alone on a meal.

try 1g / lbs of bodyweight if you are bulking (obviously you are)/.

cool, thanks man.

Holy.. I posted this on the anabolics discussion board and people were nowhere near as patient.

I figured it out that I am getting about 5000- 5500 calories a day and around 190- 210g of protein.

I took your advice and Instead of two potatoes for my second meal.. I changed it to a huge chicken breast.

thanks again

Top Bottom