Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

advice with a protein carb muscle supplement

gregr

gents .....

I need advice on a nutritional level. I take a muscle fuel drink from "USN" - university of sports and nutrition in south africa.

It consists of a blend 43 grams protein "a blend of proteins, incl whey" and 58 grams of carbohydrate in each drink. Is it good to use this blend or should I be using just a pure whey protein shake.

I am on a light deca cycle too and the pamphlet says to take in PLENTY calories.

Any advice on the nutritional shake situation.

It really depends on your goals. If you goal is to build muscle, then using a protein supplement that contains some carbohydrates after your workout is fine to use and actually beneficial as the carbohydrates in the product will spike insulin levels after your workout and shuttle the amino acids from the protein source into your muscle cells.

If your goal is fat loss, a better option would be a pure whey isolate because it will be virtually free of all carbohydrates and fat.

I personally just use a whey protein isolate. That way I can add carbohydrates to it if I want carbs or take the protein supplement by itself if I don't want any carbs. I use isolation from n2bm.com. It is a pure whey isolate that is naturally flavoured and sweetened with the noncaloric sweetener stevia.

Top Bottom