Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adding Weight - Diet - Calories

Lestat

MVP
EF VIP
Ok I am 6'2" 180lbs. A year ago I was 6'2" 162lbs. I started out not being able to rep 135 at all a year ago, now I can do it 15 times.

I would like to gain 10 more lbs. I try to eat as much as possible, yet I still gain no weight. I eat breakfast every morning, typically cereal or oatmeal, sometimes waffles. Lunch ALWAYS has chicken, usually a chicken breast. For a snack I eat something bad.. cookies, donuts, whatever.. I don't care becase im trying to get more calories. For dinner I eat protein as well... chicken, turkey, fish, steak... something. I always try to eat again before bed.. a protein shake usually.

What would be the best way to go about seriously strapping on 20 more lbs? Meaning when I go to the grocery store today.. what should I buy? I don't like cooking much either.. I buy a lot of those pre-cooked chicken breasts.. and lunch meet. I'll BBQ steak and fish though.

Brian

it doesnt look like you are eating near enough for trying to gain weight, breakfast looks like a lot of cals, lunch you only have protein need some carbs, a snack your choices have like no cals you need a meal there, eat around 20 X your bodyweight in cals each day, split this up into a 40/40/20 carb/pro/fat macronutrient breakdown. if you dont want to get too serious and want to be able to have convenient food get some steak, tunas in a can, chicken in a can, bagged frozen chicken and a george foreman grille, protein shakes and bars, for carbs oatmeal, potatoes, pasta, brown rice, yogurts (if your not worrying that much), fruits, vegeatables, fats-who doesnt love peanut butter. you can easily gain weight from a diet fitting those ratios and cal amount made up of those foods, and the strength will coem with it man if you have a solid routine.

I might suggest a very high carb. diet. (do not sacrifice protein and/or fat though. Eat more complex carbs. to raise the daily caloric intake)

My last bulking phase I went from 50% to 60% and saw a bit of b/w change. (10lbs. in 6 weeks)

I gained gain some weight that is less than "attractive" shall we say, but you can diet it off just easily as you put it on. I'm currently into the second week of my first cutting diet and have dropped about 1 lb. p/week thus far.

Fill your pckets with buckshot before getting on the scale!

No, seriously you need to eat more and more often. You need about 3500 calories per day with at least six meals if not seven. Replace your junk with better junk (frozen yogurt, PB, oatmeal w/raisins and equal). Increase calories by 250 per day max per week. Otherwise your metabolism will not keep up with the increase, same when you eventually cut. You want good weight not fat weight. 50/30/20 ratio on the diet would be good. That will give you roughly 2.5 grams of carbs, 1.5 grams protein per lb. Increase to 55/25/20 if necessary, still give you 1 gram protein per lb. Muscles will fill nicely with glycogen stores and protein. You'll see good results. Weight training once per week per bodypart with intensity. Little cardio, maybe even just two days a week, 20 minutes.

Lestat:

Here's a sample diet for your consideration.

The break-down is about 30p/55c/15f. Total calories around 3,300, protein 250g, carbs. 450g, fats 65g. (these are estimates from memory, but they are in the neighborhood)

To give you a baseline for your caloric intake to gain weight, I'm 6'4", 215 and I'm using variations of this diet for leaning-out. Usually I eat around 4,200 calories daily with approximately the same macro breakdown.

Bfast:

1 whole egg
1 slice n/f cheddar cheese
3 slices turkey bacon
(make this into an omlet)

1 hash brown patty
1 cup n/f milk
20g oatmeal
1oz raisin
1 medium bagel
.25 tbsp. canola oil (use for frying if required)
1 multi-vitamin (100% of all list ingredients)

AM Snack:

2 slices whole wheat bread
1 slice n/f swiss cheese
4 oz. turkey breast
1 cup n/f milk

Lunch:

1 can Progresso Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
8 oz cranberry/grape juice
1 scoop protein (I currently use Designer Whey)
(combine the juice and protein as your beverage)

PM Snack:

Repeat AM snack

Supper:

1 marinated chicken breast (about 130g after cooking)
1 small baked potato
1 tsp. low-fat margarine (for potato if preferred)
100g fresh corn
2 cups n/f milk

Before Bed Snack:

8oz. n/f yogurt (strawberry)
2 cups n/f milk
1 scoop l/f french vanilla ice cream
100g strawberry
1 scoop protein

Last edited:
3500 calories WOW!

Ok... I'm 6'1 150lbs. (yes, I'm skinny as hell!) But it's due to a surgery a had a year ago, where I dropped about 35lbs in 2 weeks.
I'm back to lifting again, and trying to gain weight. But what boggles me is all these people talking like gaining weight is just a matter of eating more calories. Each time I sit down to eat, I eat so much that I feel like I'm going to puke, and I know I'm still rarely getting 3500 calories a day!

Here's a suggestion that's worked a little for me so far... I eat HUGE breakfasts... I try to make it the biggest meal. I'd rather miss class or work before breakfast!!! This way, my stomach is good and expanded for the rest of the day. With us skinny guys, it's not like we don't want to eat more, it's usally the case that our bodies don't physically let us... If you eat a huge breakfast you'll be more likely to eat large meals the rest of the day!!!
This is how I get the most calories, (I also have the advantage of being able to eat at college dinning halls where it's all you can eat!)
GOOD LUCK!

Due when I eat a giant Breakfast I don't feel like lunch until 2 or 3!

I eat a modest breakfast.. lunch at 11.. large snack at 2.. smaller snack at 5.. big dinner at 7 or 8... shake at night about 10-11.

Top Bottom