Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs. How often and srious

Arnold trained his forearms, abs and calves almost on a daily basis....I guess he doesnt know what he's talking about though

Lou ferrigno never worked abs. But then lou never accomplished what Arnold did. I dont think thats due to ab training though.
I get enough ab and forearm work from core movements. But then again I'm not trying to compete in the BB'ing world. But those of you who want to bust ass on forearms and abs, have at it guys.

Lot's of really big guys always say your forearms get worked by doing normal workouts..

yet- so do your triceps and biceps.. and shoulders.. and calves, and abs!

why do any of those?
just deadlift, squat and bench!

No.. not for me.. I do grow with normal compound movements.. but I show much better with a lot of effort on specific isolation..
Overtraining could be an issue sometimes, or tendonitis.. but I still think if you did some specific forearm stuff they'd be better than if you didn't.

I do one day a week with some direct ab work usually 3-4 sets. One week I do my "light" phase the next week I do my "heavy" phase. I do between 8 and 10 reps in each set. Used to do two days a week where I did one heavy and one light but with all the squatting, deadlifting, overhead pressing and various event training I do it was too much. I also don't give two shits if my abs are visible or not (currently not) the only reason I train them directly is for more core stability.

Of course what do I know I'm just one of those "Fat powerlifters". :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Scotsman

I do one day a week with some direct ab work usually 3-4 sets. One week I do my "light" phase the next week I do my "heavy" phase. I do between 8 and 10 reps in each set. Used to do two days a week where I did one heavy and one light but with all the squatting, deadlifting, overhead pressing and various event training I do it was too much. I also don't give two shits if my abs are visible or not (currently not) the only reason I train them directly is for more core stability.

Of course what do I know I'm just one of those "Fat powerlifters". :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Scotsman

Who cares if you're overweight...when you're deadlifting trains, no one's going to be laughing bro

Who cares if you're overweight...when you're deadlifting trains, no one's going to be laughing bro

Overweight is a very subjective term, to me I'm still underweight for where I want to be. My comment was purely facetious in nature. I just love how some people on this forum think that not being lean is some horrible disease. Anyone who wants to come train with me for a week and do my weights then has the right to judge my physique until then I just laugh at their comments.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Overweight is a very subjective term, to me I'm still underweight for where I want to be. My comment was purely facetious in nature. I just love how some people on this forum think that not being lean is some horrible disease. Anyone who wants to come train with me for a week and do my weights then has the right to judge my physique until then I just laugh at their comments.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I would love to be alot leaner than I am right now(273) But fuck it, I'm shooting for 300 over the winter.

attachment.php

ok i been hittin em 4-5 times a week since i started the thread, like i said im not very lean 18%bf last time i checked but i can deff tell a difference under the layer of fat i can feel my abbs there harder than when i was jus doing compund lifts an lil abb work...they dont get sore or feel weak from training them often they just feel and look stronger so in my opinion is to train them often....lotta work ahead but im lookin forward to seeing those lower abbs ;)

attachment.php

ok i been hittin em 4-5 times a week since i started the thread, like i said im not very lean 18%bf last time i checked but i can deff tell a difference under the layer of fat i can feel my abbs there harder than when i was jus doing compund lifts an lil abb work...they dont get sore or feel weak from training them often they just feel and look stronger so in my opinion is to train them often....lotta work ahead but im lookin forward to seeing those lower abbs ;)

your less than 18% bro, when i was my leanest and least bloated when i wasnt drinking milk and was doin lots of cardio and shit you could see my top 4 abs when i tensed them, and you could see the outline of the block of abs if you know what i mean. Like you couldnt see the lines that go between them to seperate it into a pack but the line around the edge so i guess it looked like 1 big muscle. So I think your less than 18% lol. how much did your abs show before you were hittin them this often?

Look in my profile pic the one with a photo shopped beard, that picture was taken within 1-2 days the last time I checked my bf in a watter tank and I was 18% back then, I guessed I was 15% but nope... Some trainer at 24 calipered me at 30% but obviously he wasn't to good with the calipers.... Doing abb work often motivates me to keep tight on my diet, burns calories an makes my core stronger... Should of been doin this a long time ago. I've been trying to make time to get my bf rechecked as soon as I do I'll post up exactly were I'm at with it

Top Bottom