Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AA Max

at this point I'm wondering if NOT working out for two weeks fucked me up haha. Its part of the game and being active, but this wasn't heavy, nor did it happen in the gym.

"Those who do not make time for health will have to make time for sickness"

at this point I'm wondering if NOT working out for two weeks fucked me up haha. Its part of the game and being active, but this wasn't heavy, nor did it happen in the gym.

"Those who do not make time for health will have to make time for sickness"

That's a badass quote. Good thing your injury didn't happen in the gym, especially during a heavy squat. It could always be worse lol. Hope you recover quickly though bro!

Well low back bothering me again so no squat and DL but I think I will start benching next week. Also, I think I am having a sciatic nerve problem that just started. Shooting, annoying pain running down my left glute and hamstring to about the knee. Will it go away? Any exercises to help this?

I'm hoping its related to my low back strain....

BW 180sh

14" BOX SQUAT
45x5
95x5
135x1 (tweaked low back here)
95x3
135x3
155x3
175x2

BENCH
45x10
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x1
225x1
245x1

DIPS
0x10
0x8
0x8
0x8

Low back hurt again and sciatica driving me crazy. Thought I was healed and felt like I was taking it easy. I'm on an ice and aspirin diet. Hopefully I can get into see my doc tomorrow. I wanna be healthy for full meet in February.

OK. Saw doc today and got two anti-inflamatories and a muscle relaxer and need to check back in a week. All prescription so I know one of them is very stong, grandaddy of aspirin. wish me luck. No weights for another week as potential for injury rise on such meds. Not that I can do much without a low back anyway.

How do you guys suggest I start back? Doc suggested smith machine for squats and I assume leg press for my legs and hams although I don't like not being in a rack and haven't used a smith in years. For low back I'm thinking hypers until feeling solid again. Anything else? Advice, avoidance?

I assume leg press for my legs and hams

iv always wondered this, how does the leg press work your hams? your hams either bend the leg at the knee joint like a leg curl or pull the upper body upwards at the waist like a RDL.

Now a squat works the hams because your upper body comes forward and so the hams pull it back when your standing up. But your body stays at the same angle in a leg press and doesnt move. And you dont curl your lower leg back you push it out straight again.

So how do the hams even contribute to the leg press? :confused:

put feet high on sled. you'll feel it. In your case I would just squat. No leg curls or extensions. use SLDL, GMs, reverse hypers, hypers, pull throughs etc for assistance.

Anyone have any suggestions on good low back rehab program?

put feet high on sled. you'll feel it. In your case I would just squat. No leg curls or extensions. use SLDL, GMs, reverse hypers, hypers, pull throughs etc for assistance.

well i do leg press after deads, and I usually do romanian deads on squat day Im giving them a rest so swithced to heavy leg curls for the moment because i wanted to see if they were hurtin my DL numbers cause i had started to stall

i do leg press feet narrow and low and with the high reps i feel it in the quads but when it gets heavy it tears my glutes to pieces!

im not sure bro but i know dealdift always makes peoples low back better. Do extra light, like 95 or 135lbs. I would say the best thing to rehab is to

1) ice and rest
2) anti-imflammatorys
3) keep it mobile by working it out with light weight

In that order

I remember SouthernLord saying hyperextensions helped his back injury out at one point and he "swears they are thereputic" :FRlol:

he does alot of stretching/mobility stuff too maybe he is that man to talk to

Top Bottom