Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5 day split...

swaptrex said:
thanks for all the input guys, i still don't understand how the 5x5 works...how can you train those same muscles everyother day and not be overtraining? how i see it you are doing squats, deads, and bench's 5 reps time 5 times. and doing this routine eveyother day...is this correct?
Here's a link as to what it is exactly:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/09/14/Arts/hacker_sentenced20050914.html

Here's an article that explains some of the theory behind it:
http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/PlannedOvertraining.html

Feel free to ask more q's.

swaptrex said:
thanks for all the input guys, i still don't understand how the 5x5 works...how can you train those same muscles everyother day and not be overtraining? how i see it you are doing squats, deads, and bench's 5 reps time 5 times. and doing this routine eveyother day...is this correct?
The trick is not to aim to burn yourself to a frazzle on each and every gym visit. You end up stimulating the muscle three times per week rather than the typical one and the overall volume through the week will be just as much if not more than when you go all out in one day and each time you're doing it reasonably fresh.

Some fatigue does build up - how much depending on whether you're running the Single-factor or the Dual-Factor - and learning to train through that fatigue improves your conditioning.

C'mon guys, it's a fluid ripple. Go slap some jelly.

I'll give you mine if want another idea.

chest/tri's
back/hams
quads/calves
shoulders/bi's
mostly on a 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off schedule

One of Dorians's splits is cool, I used it because got too sore after every muscle group and needed maximum recovery between workouts:

Mon: Chest, Biceps
Tues: OFF
Wed: Back
Thurs: Shoulders Triceps
Fri: OFF
Sat: Legs
Sun: OFF

Rotate the Sun off day to between the back and shoulders day if you need to concentrate on your back size more.

musketeer said:
One of Dorians's splits is cool, I used it because got too sore after every muscle group and needed maximum recovery between workouts:

Mon: Chest, Biceps
Tues: OFF
Wed: Back
Thurs: Shoulders Triceps
Fri: OFF
Sat: Legs
Sun: OFF

Rotate the Sun off day to between the back and shoulders day if you need to concentrate on your back size more.

do you know which split he was doing where he was hitting back 2x a week?

once for width and once for thickness?
that'd be awesome to know that one.

Top Bottom