Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4-5 days holiday..what do i do?

rez

im going away for 4-5 days over x-mas...i will still try to be active..but will my routine/strength suffer if i take that time off gym? i current weight train 4xp/w and cardio 4-5xp/w....im v worried about taking the time off.
if i do...should i change my diet?

Take time off and DONT sweat it!! Your body needs a break every once in a while anyways...can be good for you...Enjoy the food on christmas..just dont continue on for days and weeks after the holidays...eat, relax and enjoy the time away from work and the routines ya do every day...Hit the gym when you get back and you will be fine!

DITTO....enjoy the holidays and family.....before you know it, you will be back to the usual bump and grind :)

"im going away for 4-5 days over x-mas...i will still try to be active..but will my routine/strength suffer if i take that time off gym?"

Yes, miserably. You'll lose at least 5 lbs of muscle and your strength will drop by 50%. It will take months to come back. Don't go anywhere for the Holidays. Stay at home and train until you drop. Hell with the family and friends. Training is far more important.

I took the week off of Thanksgiving. Two weeks later I hit my personal best in all my lifts. Ms Wilson had an injury that prevented her from training for a number of weeks. She had only been back for about 6 weeks and had to take Thanksgiving week off as well. She came back two weeks later with her best bench to date (235 x 7).

You ladies stifle your progress far more by not taking time off and enjoying life a little more than you could possibly imagine.

W6

Ditto again to New@!!!

I had my tonsils taken out last fall (& I'm SOO glad - no more strep throat & ear infections!) & my Dr. insisted that I took an entire 2 weeks off of everything. Man, was I antsy by 1.5 weeks!

That's a long time & I remember reading that it takes 1 week of being sedentary to see any loss in strength & 2 weeks to see loss in cardio output. Anyone know how accurate that is?

So 4-5 days should definitely be good for you! But if you *want* to stay active, it could also be a great opportunity to try different things outside of the gym, like basketball in the park with family or a yoga video.

Enjoy!

ye..im looking forward to going bushwalking (mountain hiking) and water sports...all the good summer stuff : ))

Top Bottom