Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

18 year old first attempt at a diet contruction

wildcatslb43

I am 5'10'' and 215lbs. College football player with an athletic build. I am having trouble achieving my physical goals because I simply do not understand dieting. I have no problem bulking and adding strength during these winter months.Although, everytime I try to prepare for the beach so to speak I seem to increase my cardio at a dramatic rate thinking that is the answer and cut my calories to some rediculous amount. I end up doing this for 3 weeks because although I enjoy the fatloss my hard earned muscle FALLS OFF.

I know that daily activity matters so: I lift 5 days/week and am currently running 1 mile and doing abs after every workout. Also I work a full time job outside at a plant nursery lifting and doing physical labor.

Diet proposed:

7:30 AM Breakfast: 6 Eggs + Protein Shake With Milk
12:00 PM Lunch: Tuna Sandwhich on Potato Bread
4:00 PM Snack: Granola Cereal + Protein Shake With Milk
5:00 PM Workout
7:00 PM Dinner: Mom Makes Something Different Every Night
8:30 PM Snack: 6 Eggs + Protein Shake With Milk

Please help me out guys! Thanks

A college football player with a job?? Idk what level u play at but I my self played D-1aa and there was NOWAY I could have even a part time job and play ball.

But anyways. Potato bread is shit. Get whole grain or Ezekiel.

Also as an athlete you need a lot more carbs!!! Ur having maybe 50 to 100 carbs a day. That's not enough.

Do some research and figure out what macronutrients are and how to balance them throughout your day.
Also look into post workout nutrition.

Learning ur body takes time. Ur gonna have to find out what works and what doesn't.

Thank you! I was d1-aa this past fall but transferred home to play d3 ball for the upcoming season. Let me just say it is nothing compared to where I was with workouts meetings study halls and all the responsibilities. You defiinitely know what Im talking about. Thanks for the advice I will get started there!

Figure out maintenance.
Take away 10-20%
Eat 1g/lb protein
Eat 0.45g/lb fat
Fill remaining calories with carbs
Get 13-15g/1000kcal fibre.

Thats pretty awful man, try eating complex carbs such as rolled oats, natural muesli with no added sugar, wholewheat pasta and brown rice, forget eating any bread or potatoes or potato bread, or breaded potatoes...

Get some veg in there man! Salad or veg with every meal...

You need a post workout shake, I like a glucose energy drink followed by pure whey protein...

Weigh your carbs towards the morning and around your workouts...

Until you lean out as much as you want, try getting 50% of your calories from protein

What position do you play? Are you an ecto, endo, meso?

1 mile for cardio after each workout isn't a lot - but you really should not need a whole lot of extra cardio if you are an athelete.

That does not look like very much food. How long have you consistently been following that plan? Also - what does Mom make? :) Pasta? Protein in there?

12 eggs/day is a bit intense, that's more like a bulking diet deal there. Ever try whites? 2 eggs, 8 whites each meal - still delicious.

Top Bottom