Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On cycle, do you go heavy every week?

Hazzard

When you're on cycle, do you do heavy every week? I'm a 5x5, lift for strength kind of guy so when on cycle I like to push every week and see if, on my final set, I can get a set of 3 at a little higher than my highest set the week before. This week, I didn't have much improvement over last week so I was wondering what you guys do when it comes to this.

You have to switch it up bro, I don't think there's a weightlifter out there worth his weight in salt that would recommend only going heavy on cycle or not. Throw in some sets of 8 and 12, it's only going to help you break through the barriers you have hit, and don't expect to gain strength every single week, especially if you're fatiguing your muscles to the extent you are.

I dont. I switched my rep range and weigth range every session I did and made good gains too! I'd go heavy or i'd go lighter and push higher reps, also super sets, pyramid sets the works !

the key to making gains year round is CONSTANTLY switching and shocking your body... mix in anything and everything... negatives are a great way to achieve growth and should be utilized... with negatives, you get the eccentric concentric as opposed to concentric which is longating the muscle and allowing for more growth... mixing up things throughout, each and every week allows the body to achieve optimal growth... quality over quantity is important as well...

the key to making gains year round is CONSTANTLY switching and shocking your body... mix in anything and everything... negatives are a great way to achieve growth and should be utilized... with negatives, you get the eccentric concentric as opposed to concentric which is longating the muscle and allowing for more growth... mixing up things throughout, each and every week allows the body to achieve optimal growth... quality over quantity is important as well...

Love forced negatives.

I'm a big believer in various routines and muscle confusion. HOWEVER, since steroids make you stronger, I believe when you're on cycle you might as well utilize that strength and go heavy. (Unless you're over 50, in which case the tendons and ligaments simply can't handle the stress, even if the muscles can).

define what 'heavy' means.

to me it means 1 or 2 rep max outs. to someone else it could mean benching 2 plates lol.

I worked out with my bicycling buddy and he managed to crank out a heavy 115 pounds on the flat bench. that was a PR for him. he shit himself when I put up 405

to me it means 1 or 2 rep max outs. to someone else it could mean benching 2 plates lol.

I worked out with my bicycling buddy and he managed to crank out a heavy 115 pounds on the flat bench. that was a PR for him. he shit himself when I put up 405

405 is badass. I just hit that.... On my squat :(

Heavy is what's heavy for you. ANd bodybuilding isn't about one or two rep max's. They don't build muscle. I'd say "heavy" is where 6-8 reps is your max with all out excertion, with maybe a couple of partials after that.

Top Bottom