Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trex74newnewnew

trex74

whatev
Platinum
Well its time for a new log.. I got srsly derailed over the winter, and a lot of things have changed in my life- for the better!!! I'm in a new gym which is basic at best-but sooooo convenient-it's connected to my building at work. So I have been going every day at lunch time, which is great.
I am considering going before work too, but it would mean getting up at 5 again, so I'm not exactly champing at the bit for that ;)
I started getting back into eating better-no more cafeteria hospital food!
Basically no more red meat, and no sweets or starchy treats.
Breakfast: two eggs and 1/2 cup oatmeal
Snack: protein shake
Lunch: Fish or chicken with brown rice, black beans and a vegetable
Dinner:Fish or chicken with brown rice/sweet potato/black beans and salad with EVOO or vegetables
I have an orange or an apple sometimes if I get snacky
I am having a hell of a lot of Sriracha sauce or sambal oelek on everything these days too-I just have cravings for hot sauce

My new workout is back to basics:

Mon- Chest, shoulder and tris
DB bench press, flys
OH press, arnold press, side lateral raises, bent over lateral raises, skullcrushers, tri pushdowns
Tues- Back and Bis
DB DLs, seated rows, lat pulldowns, incline bi curls, hammer curls
Wed- Cardio and abs
Thursday-Cardio and abs
Friday- Legs- DB SLDLs, lying leg curls, lunges, leg press, DB squats
Sat and Sun R&R

really the only thing new is the fact my gym doesn't have a squat rack (i know, i know) or barbells, just DBs and machines, cardio equipment and a pool. It's so convenient though.

I've been every day this week, sp that's great.

Sounds like things are getting back to "normal". That's GREAT!
Keep making progress everyday. Both of you.
This made me smile. Have a great weekend! :)

Having a "normal" routine almost saved my life. I need structure and my body started falling apart from being pulled in different directions.
Glad to see you are happy. That is the key to life!

Well its time for a new log.. I got srsly derailed over the winter, and a lot of things have changed in my life- for the better!!! I'm in a new gym which is basic at best-but sooooo convenient-it's connected to my building at work. So I have been going every day at lunch time, which is great.
I am considering going before work too, but it would mean getting up at 5 again, so I'm not exactly champing at the bit for that ;)
I started getting back into eating better-no more cafeteria hospital food!
Basically no more red meat, and no sweets or starchy treats.
Breakfast: two eggs and 1/2 cup oatmeal
Snack: protein shake
Lunch: Fish or chicken with brown rice, black beans and a vegetable
Dinner:Fish or chicken with brown rice/sweet potato/black beans and salad with EVOO or vegetables
I have an orange or an apple sometimes if I get snacky
I am having a hell of a lot of Sriracha sauce or sambal oelek on everything these days too-I just have cravings for hot sauce

My new workout is back to basics:

Mon- Chest, shoulder and tris
DB bench press, flys
OH press, arnold press, side lateral raises, bent over lateral raises, skullcrushers, tri pushdowns
Tues- Back and Bis
DB DLs, seated rows, lat pulldowns, incline bi curls, hammer curls
Wed- Cardio and abs
Thursday-Cardio and abs
Friday- Legs- DB SLDLs, lying leg curls, lunges, leg press, DB squats
Sat and Sun R&R

really the only thing new is the fact my gym doesn't have a squat rack (i know, i know) or barbells, just DBs and machines, cardio equipment and a pool. It's so convenient though.

I've been every day this week, sp that's great.

Hey I missed you, Trex. (and I hope you know by now I don't talk BS). It's really good to see you back. :) And I dig that back to basics philosophy!

Reading your back routine just reminded me that I "discovered" a new exercise I absolutely love. Reverse grip (underhand) bent rows. WOW. I might suggest you try them once instead of the seated row and see watcha think.

Thanks guys!
Maybe it's the spring, maybe its whatever, but i am feeling great ;)
30 min cardio today at lunch, and came in on Saturday to do Chest/Shoulder/Tris and 20 min cardio.
I decided to stay after work on my weight training days so I'm not rushing it. Cardio is fine for lunch though.
I made this cod recipe last night with some frozen cod fillets, and my husband said it was the best fish he ever had. So I'll share.
It's a Rachel Ray recipe, but I tweaked it a little (didn't add sugar, used dried bay leaves instead of fresh, used plain green peppers instead of cubanelles, and didn't have a fresh lemon to zest, so I used orange zest and a drop of lemon juice-oh, and didn't use anchovies).
It was really good though.
Rachael Ray's Official Website :: Lemon-Garlic Fish with Sweet 'n Sour Pepper Sauce

Back and Bis

I didn't try those underhanded rows today RW, but I will soon :)

seated low cable rows
lat pull downs
hyperextensions

cable preacher curls
db hammer curls

Yesterday was cardio- I signed up for a Law Day Fun Run, so I am working it on the treadmill. 5 minute warm up fast walk, 20 minutes jog, 5 minutes cooldown.
Oh yeah, also am starting beach volleyball the second week of May, so I am motivated to start doing some plyo etc.

Am trying something different for 6 weeks- 3 times /week doing a full body workout, and running the other two days (to train for the fun run.) I also get two 30 min power walks in morning and night (doggy!)
Here's the workout plan, it's a Poliquin one so that's why I'm trying it. The idea is for the first week: Workout 1 on Monday and Friday, Workout 2 on Wednesday.
Alternating each week for 6 weeks.
Anyway, the change up seems to be working so far because I have some DOMS where before I had none :) It is a little higher volume than I usually do in terms of reps, but it's good to push myself.
The only modifications I have made are using regular DBs, as my gym doesn't have thick ones, and db deadlifts instead of trap bar for the same reason.

Workout 1
A-1. Walking Lunge, Thick DB, 3 x 8-12, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
A-2. Bench Press, 30-Degree Incline, Thick DB, Pronating Grip, 3 x 15-20, 20X0, rest 45 seconds
A-3. Pulldown Machine, Straight Handle, Wide Neutral Grip, 3 x 10-12, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
A-4. Atlantis Lying Leg Curl, Feet Outward, Plantar Flexed, 12,10,8, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-1. Pressdown, Prone Incline, Std EZ Bar, Narrow Pronated Grip, 3 x 12-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-2. 45-Degree Incline Curl, Thick DB, Neutral Grip, 3 x 12-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-3. Atlantis Arching Leg Press, Feet in Low Duck Stance, 3 x 12-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-4. Machine Row, Seated, Low, Neutral Grip, 3 x 15-20, 20X0, rest 45 seconds

Workout 2
A-1. Trap Bar Deadlift, Floor, Low Handles, 3 x 10-12, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
A-2. Atlantis Lat Pulldown, 3 x 10-12, 3012, rest 45 seconds
A-3. Triceps Extension, 45-Degree, Incline, Thick DB, Pronating Grip, 3 x 15-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
A-4. Seated L-Lateral Raise, Thick DB, 3 x 12-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-1. Front Step-Up, Thick DB, Low, 4 x 12-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-2. Atlantis, Seated Pulley Arm Curl, 4 x 15-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-3. Atlantis Leg Curl, Plantar Flexed, Neutral, 3 x 10-12, 30X0, rest 45 seconds
B-4. Bent-Over Lateral Raise, Thick DB, 4 x 12-20, 30X0, rest 45 seconds

Top Bottom