Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the problem with milk?

Ayalaronc

I see people all over the place are saying that milkis bad for fat loss. But why to people then use it to mix protein?Also, why is it so bad for dieting? I am dieting now, but I just liketoo much things like yogurts. Is it a catastrophy for a diet? Arethey as bad as sugar?

Milk has lactose, which can not be digested by our stomachs, and it consequently can cause stomach issues. Besides, it is rich in fats and carbs, so it would put one's diet out of line.

There are a couple issues with milk -
The first is the sugar content. Not only will sugar hinder fat loss, the sugar in milk is also very inflammatory in the body and causes a lot of GI issues in most people
The second issue is the fat content. Unless you are drinking skim milk, milk has quite a bit of fat in it

I would use a high quality pure whey protein isolate instead. You get the beneficial high quality milk proteins without any of the fat or sugar that way.

And what about fat free milk? With fat free milk I would be only left with lactose - right? Lactose on its own is also so bad?

Yes. A glass or so isn't gonna be an issue but that's all.

But if, for example, carrots gave you bad guts - you fart and you visit the toilet too many times and have real bad shits - then you'd wonder why people ate carrots. More than the odd glass of milk, even mixed with protein, and or fat free can still give you an upset stomach due to the lactose.

Lactose will have both carbs, and it will also cause stomach issues. Hence the reason you want to limit its use. But as @stevemobster has well pointed out - a glass per day won't make too much of a difference.

And what about fat free milk? With fat free milk I would be only left with lactose - right? Lactose on its own is also so bad?
they have lactose free milk where they add the enzyme to it.. but you are still drinking the sugar :)

also fat free milk is still high in calories, about 100 calories vs. 0 calories in water.

again if you are trying to lose weight and be in a deficit 100 calories here and there adds up.

what you eat is important to losing fat/weight, but also what you DRINK is just as important. i see people complain that they can't lose weight but they buy those starbux 800 calorie drinks everyday.. no shit

@stevesmi is correct. Every day we get posts asking about a specific foods that a member wants to carry on eating or drinking when, in reality, they know it's not really that good for them. Hence, one on cream cheese, another on light beer and yet another on deli meats. Today's is milk.

Top Bottom