Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok..just want some bro/sis advice

poysyn

Over the summer I cut down from about 20% to somewhere near 10%. It felt great to eat clean and get into good shape. I recently started school and live on campus, thus the food selection isn't the best (forced to use on campus meal plan, and if not used is a waste of A LOT of money)

At this point, I decided to bulk, however, it cannot be a real clean bulk. So here is my question..should I just eat anything I come accross and lift hard and heavy (doing a 5x5 bench/dead/squat OHpress/squat/row routine mwf) or should I try to limit my on campus meals and eat some of the 'cleaner' things which I can make in a microwave?

bleh, i know the answer to this im sure..I am pretty sure by going to the all you can eat buffets here 3x/day I could easily hit 5k cals just from that and I just dont want to gain weight in a poor ratio of muscle:fat

any comments appreciated

i'm sure the buffets include rice, veggies, chicken, and pasta....eat up and bulk. gonna be hard to cut with cafeteria food....

advice is to pack plenty of glucorell and do your cardio....have fun in school...wish i was going back :(

well, you'd think this cafeteria had chicken but half of the time it does not..in that case i'll find the next best thing for a protein source..they always have green beans and i down plenty of them..

lots of pasta/breads (whole wheat as much as possible)

would the glucorell r really be that beneficial? I will stock up on it if so..

hell yah if you're carb sensative (/don't want to be too dirty of a bulk)... stock up on the Glucorell-R.

Dang... i remember the days... although i didn't train for 2 years while living off the campus food.... that might have been my down fall, lol.

Eat a surplus of calories and bulk :)

Deff get some good protein in when you can... egg beaters in the microwave never killed anybody :)

good call with the egg beaters..ive made in the microwave before!!

ive been eating a lot of deli meats (i know they are loaded with sodium/bad shit but eh well) so maybe I'll put the oats in with the egg beaters for breakfast?

I am carb sensitive, natural endormorph (so excited to see how much i gain while eating excess) so will order the glucorell.

would I be beneficial to take 2 before the dirtier meals and say 1 for the cleaner less carb packed meals?

Also not sure how much cardio I'd really want to do..I may do some a couple days a week but a lot of walking around here to begin with so not sure I'd go for the full blown HIIT or 30 min run, but I may for gratification purposes only :p

I have always been one who likes to 'overtrain' and overdo things, so trying to not let that happen this time and interfere with gains. It is all one big psychological battle with your own mind!

Does your school have sports teams? Do they have a seperate dining hall? If so make it an issue (quietly) and get permission to eat in their hall. You can probably do it by talking to a coach, or just protest.

poysyn said:
I have always been one who likes to 'overtrain' and overdo things, so trying to not let that happen this time and interfere with gains. It is all one big psychological battle with your own mind!
I KNOW exactly what you mean. I'm going through that right now :rolleyes:

1 Glucorrel-R per 30-50 grams of carbohydrates.

yes i'd use 2 per the large carbo meals... i pop three when i'm really pigging out... and then after too, lol... like peez.

Oats in the beaters sounds kinda nasty... i'd nuke them separetly... put some jam or frozen berries into the oats... MMMM :chomp:

don't forget cheese in the beaters :) ... bulking is fun, lol

poysyn said:

There's another part of your answer. Limited choices isn't the same as having no choices. Sometimes your diet has to take just as much dedication and determination as your time in the gym. Much of this globe has to make do with a very limited menu. You at least will be able to pick and choose.

Top Bottom