Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I learn a trade?

gorillahung

I earned a B.S. in geology in 1997. I only used it for one job and it was a low paying internship. I found myself working for 13 years in the business world as one of the behind-the-scenes guys at Amazon.com. I liked it for the first few years and was advancing quickly. Then there was an organizational change that knocked me down a few notches and things were never the same. I grew to hate the corporate culture. I was stuck in a cubicle farm surrounded by back stabbers that did their best to make everyone else look bad in order to try to make themselves look better. I'm pretty introverted so I got "bullied" by the fat asses around me. I left after going into suicidal depression. In my final days I started to envy the office maintenance man. He was strictly a "handy-man" and not a janitor. I envied him because he carried a tool box and fixed things with his hands instead of typing e-mails to the boss criticizing his co-workers performance. If the building's air conditioner broke, he got his tools out and fixed it. There was nothing subjective about his performance. He either fixed things or he didn't fix them. He was good about getting things fixed. Upper management was constantly trying to figure out how to send as many of our jobs to India as possible. However, as long as they kept the office open here in the USA, they can't outsource the maintenance guy. I'm not very good at dealing with people. I want to work with my hands as well as my brain. I want to build or fix things. I want to look at a piece of finished work and be able to see what I did to help. I've been tossing around thoughts of becoming an electrician. My grandpa was an electrician and he managed his money wisely and had $1 million in assets that he left to my grandmother.

Electrician is good, but do you want to know what is going to be awesome? Learn new high tech electric motors. They are going to be huge in the auto and trucking industries soon. Being ready to repair and maintain them I think would be a very comfortable place to be.

I heard having an extension skill set to perform gay fluffer duties is highly marketable

I earned a B.S. in geology in 1997. I only used it for one job and it was a low paying internship. I found myself working for 13 years in the business world as one of the behind-the-scenes guys at Amazon.com. I liked it for the first few years and was advancing quickly. Then there was an organizational change that knocked me down a few notches and things were never the same. I grew to hate the corporate culture. I was stuck in a cubicle farm surrounded by back stabbers that did their best to make everyone else look bad in order to try to make themselves look better. I'm pretty introverted so I got "bullied" by the fat asses around me. I left after going into suicidal depression. In my final days I started to envy the office maintenance man. He was strictly a "handy-man" and not a janitor. I envied him because he carried a tool box and fixed things with his hands instead of typing e-mails to the boss criticizing his co-workers performance. If the building's air conditioner broke, he got his tools out and fixed it. There was nothing subjective about his performance. He either fixed things or he didn't fix them. He was good about getting things fixed. Upper management was constantly trying to figure out how to send as many of our jobs to India as possible. However, as long as they kept the office open here in the USA, they can't outsource the maintenance guy. I'm not very good at dealing with people. I want to work with my hands as well as my brain. I want to build or fix things. I want to look at a piece of finished work and be able to see what I did to help. I've been tossing around thoughts of becoming an electrician. My grandpa was an electrician and he managed his money wisely and had $1 million in assets that he left to my grandmother.

You could become a handyman at a boys only school.

Top Bottom