Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ECA and cutting questions

lt1yw

Hey guys-
I am trying an ECA combo for the first time. I am starting at 3 doses/day and may go up to 5. Been taking it a little before meals. I have been using Creatine with pretty good results, and want to start to shed a little extra bf for the summer to show off the results
smile.gif
I am 6' 197lbs with around 10-11% bf. I lift 3x week with high intensity interval training after each session. The cardio only last about 13 min, but works very well. Anyway. To make the most of this ECA, what changes to my carb intake should I make? I thought that I would cycle on the ECA for about 3-4 weeks, does that sound right? And lastly, I was also considering cycling off the creatine at this time as well, to loose the extra water. I typically gain about 7-8 lbs when using it. I thought with the change in diet and the loss of extra water, I should be able to get the most out of my ECA cycle.
thanks,
Stew

you are trying eca for the first time and you are starting at 3x a day. i hope your ready. it takes a little while for most people to be able to handle 3x a day. 5x a day is ludicrous. dont bite off more than you can chew basically. eca can wire you out and you have to learn how long it effects you.
carb or calorie adjustments (more correctly) should be made according to how much you require. start by going 300 cals in deficit (below your daily requirement), since you want to keep your lean muscle dont cut your cals from your protein needs, so fats and carbs will take the hit.
finally. with creatine, you will obviously have to be concious of your water balance due to the intake of eca as well. i dont see a need to stop taking it. are you concerned with your weight or your appearance. if its weight, then go for ditching the creatine, otherwise i wouldnt take it out. the water is primarily held in the muscle so you shouldnt look puffy or bloated. that type of water is held under the skin.

I am more concerned w/ appearance, not weight. I have heard the same as what you said about the water retension w/ Creatine, but I know when I take it, that I do lose some of the finer definition in my look, but I do like the boost it gives in my lifting. I have probably been using it for around 2 years, usually going in about 6 week cycles, coming off for around 2 weeks.
So what is a good target for carbs and calories, given my specs above?
Thanks again.
btw, the ECA has not given me the jitters, but I am VERY awake.. cant wait to get to the gym this evening..

at 5x a day you are going to go nuts... I'd be very careful... it can start to effect you in bad ways and you won't even realize its happening!

Must have gotten my info wrong. But 3x a day is fine. I have been taking that now with no problems, not even jitters. I dont plan on moving to 5. Is a 3 week cycle about the norm for this?
Thanks

nah

I'll give it some time.
Its right there working, just not making me too jittery. If I have cup of coffee or two on top of it, I get jittery, so I must be just below my threshold.

Top Bottom