Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bromocriptine

meat19

what sides does this prescription drug have. it is for stopping prolactin from gettingto high in levels./ what is the dose

Bromocriptine (parlodel)
side effects: Myocardial Infarction (heart attack), hypotension (drop in blood pressure), nausea, and dizzyness are most common sides. Other sides include: confusion, insomnia, hallucinations, nightmares, burning eyes, nasal stuffyness, visual disturbances, ab pain, dry mouth, metallic taste, vomitting, urticaria, leg cramps, effusions, pulmonary infiltrates, etc.

In regards to prolactin levels and doseage you might want to check w/ Macrophage69alpha to be sure, he answered your initial question. If this is what i'm thinking then doseage would be the following: PO (by mouth) 1.25-2.5mg/day initially, and gradually increased every 3-7 days up to 2.5mg 2-3 times per day.

I have use bromo and recommend caution with this drug. As I mentioned in another post, the dose-response curve is steep and you can get into an overdose situation rather easily. I do not know what the half-life is, but I believe it builds up in your body or at least has an effect that will cause gradually increased sensitivity. So I would proceed very carefully with about 1/3 to 1/2 tablet taken before bed no more than 3-4 times a week. Then slowly add more days, when you are eventually taking it every day, only then consider increasing the size of the dose slightly or the number of doses per day.

I have never taken this drug at the recommended dosage levels because as I was initially starting out with it I ended up in the emergency room. Thus I became quite aware of my sensitivity to it. Now that I have a decent understanding of my response to it, I do still use it occasionally to enhance dopamine responsiveness and it seems like it may resensitize neuro receptors.

Maybe I just never got over the hump in regards to dosage and sides in order to be able to take full dosages, but after my experience, I will not want to risk trying to work up to the labeled dosages again. It basically snuck up on me before I realized there was any trouble. Things could have been made worse because at the time, I didn't know what the hell was going on so there was a slight panic, hyperventilization epsisode as part of the whole OD syndrome. I had never been faint headed like that from anything, and there is also this feeling like overheating, anxiety, and cramps.

Now if I ever get a little too much of it, I am calmer and know what to do. Wet down a towell and put it over your forehead, sit on the floor with head between knees, and stay calm, breathing slowly.

Have fun

Top Bottom