Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stuff to combat acne besides accutane?

I am trying B5 right now. I went to B5supplements.com. Hopefully it works. I am in my second week at 10grams a day! If my back clears up it will be a miracle.

I have taken b5 in 10g doses, and actually am taking 5g a day right now. 5g stops most facial acne but does nothing for back acne. Also I am on minocycline which is doing nothing it seems.

slat1 said:
I am trying B5 right now. I went to B5supplements.com. Hopefully it works. I am in my second week at 10grams a day! If my back clears up it will be a miracle.

B5 is useless... at least for me.

Tazorac gel will combat acne nicely. The problem is that there is a 2 week sloughing period, but once that is over it is smooth sailing.

I usually go to a derm to get a script.

Sal-Ac Wash (otc)
Clindimycin Gel (rx)
Benzl. Peroride Wash 10% (Rx)
Ery/micin Lotion (Rx) - forgot the % on that
Retin-A Gel (Rx)

Also, hit a tanning bed a few days a week - that has helped me in the past.

I am using tazorac now actually as well as mino, salyic acid and b5 and the acne on my back is pretty bad. I hope the tazorac starts working. The problem with tazorac is its hard to reach my entire back and nobody wants to put it on my nasty back either. Also I have zits everywhere so I basically have to cover my entire back and shoulders.

Top Bottom