Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please HELP I have tendonitis in my elbow bad!! Any docs out there?

Should i ice it? If so how frequent. What is the best(strongest) anti inflamatory on the market? Any other suggestions would really help to alleviate the pain. I refuse to stay out of the gym.

K's to all, thanks!!

1. stop lifting
2. go to chiro

u dont want it to get worst!!

how do you know its elbow tendonitis??

it may be bicep tendonitis...

i know this crappy scenerio all to well

vicodien actually make it WORST!!

depending on whats actually wrong

i was getting elbow pain real bad for a while, then I started putting my thumb on the top of the bar when doing tri pushdowns, this solved my problem. I also take motrin. You need to go see a doc I would think to make sure it is tendonitis. The only way to help tendonitis is to rest.

If you are having trouble with pain at the elbow more then likely it is your distal tricep insertion. I have rupture this tendon in my right arm 5 years ago. Had it repaired surgically . Then 2 years later in the same arm ruptured my distal bicep and had that repaired. If you think thats bad I was doing pullovers with the ez-bar yesterday and as luck would have it ruptured my left tricep and will be going to surgery on the 26 of dec. I'm not saying this is going to happen to you,but you should go easy when working your tri. I have been lifting for 33 years and will contiue. I competed as a powerlifter for many years and switched to bodybuilng 8 years ago. I still lift very heavy and will continue because I turly love it. Not sure how old you are ,but I can only tell you to listen to your body. It is the best advice I can give you even though I dont follow it. I am 45 years old and if I get hurt then thats just the way it is. I still plan on doing the Masters nationals in 07. I have been through the rehab and know what to expect. Last but not least do not use meds to cover up your pain As you know your body is telling you to change the way you work your triceps. Hope you can enjoy lifting for many more years like myself minus the serious injuries.

notbad said:
If you are having trouble with pain at the elbow more then likely it is your distal tricep insertion. I have rupture this tendon in my right arm 5 years ago. Had it repaired surgically . Then 2 years later in the same arm ruptured my distal bicep and had that repaired. If you think thats bad I was doing pullovers with the ez-bar yesterday and as luck would have it ruptured my left tricep and will be going to surgery on the 26 of dec. I'm not saying this is going to happen to you,but you should go easy when working your tri. I have been lifting for 33 years and will contiue. I competed as a powerlifter for many years and switched to bodybuilng 8 years ago. I still lift very heavy and will continue because I turly love it. Not sure how old you are ,but I can only tell you to listen to your body. It is the best advice I can give you even though I dont follow it. I am 45 years old and if I get hurt then thats just the way it is. I still plan on doing the Masters nationals in 07. I have been through the rehab and know what to expect. Last but not least do not use meds to cover up your pain As you know your body is telling you to change the way you work your triceps. Hope you can enjoy lifting for many more years like myself minus the serious injuries.

damn bro, what was the weight you were working with on the pullover?

Still recovering myself, and it has been a month at least.

Brace it, give it time and work around the injury,

I.E.

don’t do skull crushers,

but rather, kick backs with braced elbow and light weights.

If you are on gear, just go for the pump.

It was my 2nd exercise for chest and to tell you the truth I do pullovers rearly. The weight was only 185 lbs on my 2nd set and on rep 5 pop. My partner though I broke my arm it was so loud. Just drop the bar immediately rip my partners shine all to hell, but knew exactly what happen. I just hate the fact that I have to miss some time from lifting. Funny thing is I told my partner that my elbow was hurting an was only going to do 3 sets of this exercise

It is a bitch to heal, and you can be back at about 95% and then hurt it again,

So brace it and lift for the pump.

I bet it hurts,,,,,,,,

Oh yeah, I got a bunch of joint supplements, don’t know if they help or if it is psychological.

celebrex worked very well for an issue with my knee... might want to give that a try, but more important than masking the pain/inflammation is FIXING the issue as best you can.

Some exercises are no-no's, gotta listen to your body and not try to do something you cant.

Top Bottom