Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please HELP I have tendonitis in my elbow bad!! Any docs out there?

I feel your pain pal. Almost every year I get some form of elbow joint pain. Its a bitch too because these things take a long time to clear up. Last time I had pain it lasted 2 months with serious pain and took an extra 3 for it to disappear completely.

You CAN work around it and I actually suggest you do. Hell, I don't know anyone who is gonna stop for 5 months because of joint pain.

Avoid exercises that place too much stress on the elbows. Unfortuneatly this means avoiding some core movements like arm curls (both barbell and dumbell) and skullcrushers. Make use of hammer machines when you can as these take stress off of your joints. In my experience you can still do heavy sets however your grip on the injured arm may be severely comprimised and you'll probably have to lower the weight and/or assist your grip with straps for exercises where grip is crucial (deadlifts, shrugs etc.)

As for treatment, ice it down several times per day. AI's like Motrin and Advil might help but there is also evidence that shows AI medication hampers your ability to put on muscle. In my experience they didn't do jack shit.

Seeing a doctor is a no-brainer. It might be tendonitis, or it could be something else entirely. Your doctor might be kind enough to give you a collagen (or whatever it is they shoot into your joints for pain) injection which will be like a magic pill but only treats the pain, not the problem.

Sorry bro, but your gonna have to bite the bullet and take it a bit easier for a while.

GeneticMutation said:
Your doctor might be kind enough to give you a collagen (or whatever it is they shoot into your joints for pain) injection QUOTE]

on that note, stay away from cortisone if it is offered

here's a help guide from an Elite powerlifter friend of mine who has squatted 1003 lbs..
Here is how to take care of your elbows.

1. Use equiblock dt or stop pain 30 minutes BEFORE training.

2. Use neoprene sleeves.

3. Flush the area with blood as a warm-up(ex. pushdownsx100)

4. Stay away from ACCESSORY movements that severely iritate it (You'll just have to suck it up on ME)

5. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off ASAP after workout. Ice is a miracle drug!! Nobody wants to take the time or effort to use it but it actually HEALS the problem. This is the most important step of all. Just put ice in a ziplock baggie and put it on the area that hurts. Ya the ice is gonna be cold and it does hurt for 5 or so minutes but then it will feel good. I also use these velcro ice packs from http://www.sporties.net/Detail.bok?no=16

6. Take 800mg of ibuprofin 3x per day until your problem clears up.

7. Find a good joint support formula such as Joint Complex by Gearman Nutrition at http://www.gearmannutrition.com/news...?page=home.cfm or Syn-Flex and take it religously. It takes a long time to feel the results of this but you will eventually feel them.

8. Supplement your diet with fish oil capsules and Vitamin C these are both natural anti-inflammatories.

9. You must do ALL of these to help, you can't just pick one or two you must do them ALL.

10. You can also do expand your hand bands, wrist curls and hammer curls, all of these make my elbows feel better.

11. For severe issues(I got this tip from Will Smith and it works) Get a big bowl and fill it with ice, water and 2 tablespoons of salt, stick your elbow directly in it and keep it in there for 10 minutes. Dry it off and wrap it with a heating pad for 10 minutes, repeat twice.

12. If you have done all of the above and are still having problems then it's time to take a few days off.

Good Luck and I hope this will help everyone, BDR

Update,just had my left tri repaired yesterday. The surgery went well, 3/4 of it was torn off the bone. As I stated in this post already, tore my right one completely off the bone about 6 yrs ago. The post-op pain is not as bad this time around, which is great. Anyone who has gone through this or if anyone has any question on this proceedure feel free to ask.

Top Bottom