Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

newbie and gastric bypass

I don't mean to be a dick, but when you take the easy way out in life (gastric bypas) you end up paying later.if you where to work it off naturally by eating right and doing more cardio you would have been in a better situation for bodybuilding.

I just want to dispell the idea that gastric bypass surgery is "the easy way out". There is nothing at all easy about life post-op. It is a forever "diet" that is much stricter and more serious than anything anyone that has not had this type of procedure will ever face. There are foods that are to never be touched again, and proper nutrition and vitamin/mineral levels have to be monitored for the remainder of your life. There are extreme rules that must be adhered to, no carbonation ever, no chewing gum, and no using drinking straws, just to name a few.

Though it's true that not everyone has the surgery for the same reasons, and not everyone follows the rules as they should either with nutrition or exercise, an individual should not be cut down for making an attempt at bettering their health in whatever fashion they have had to pursue. To tell a gastric patient that they are wasting their time, is detrimental. So, maybe we will never be a Mr. or Mrs. Olympia, maybe we aren't trying to be maybe we just want to be healthy or more toned because now we are physically able to try, we should be belittled for that?

I am 5 1/2 years out from my surgery. I lost approx. 150 lbs total. I am 5'3" and fluctuate 130-140. And I have maintained my weight through adherence to the rules and exercise. I, personally will continue to weight train, as well as enjoy other physical activities, and strive to be as healthy as I can possbily be. As for my fellow gastric bypass patients, Don't let people get you down with their derogatory remarks, if they had half the courage and will power we do, they wouldn't need to overcompensate.

I just want to dispell the idea that gastric bypass surgery is "the easy way out". There is nothing at all easy about life post-op. It is a forever "diet" that is much stricter and more serious than anything anyone that has not had this type of procedure will ever face. There are foods that are to never be touched again, and proper nutrition and vitamin/mineral levels have to be monitored for the remainder of your life. There are extreme rules that must be adhered to, no carbonation ever, no chewing gum, and no using drinking straws, just to name a few.

Though it's true that not everyone has the surgery for the same reasons, and not everyone follows the rules as they should either with nutrition or exercise, an individual should not be cut down for making an attempt at bettering their health in whatever fashion they have had to pursue. To tell a gastric patient that they are wasting their time, is detrimental. So, maybe we will never be a Mr. or Mrs. Olympia, maybe we aren't trying to be maybe we just want to be healthy or more toned because now we are physically able to try, we should be belittled for that?

I am 5 1/2 years out from my surgery. I lost approx. 150 lbs total. I am 5'3" and fluctuate 130-140. And I have maintained my weight through adherence to the rules and exercise. I, personally will continue to weight train, as well as enjoy other physical activities, and strive to be as healthy as I can possbily be. As for my fellow gastric bypass patients, Don't let people get you down with their derogatory remarks, if they had half the courage and will power we do, they wouldn't need to overcompensate.

you couldn't diet because you where to lazy or lacked willpower.period. cutting half your stomach out just so you wouldn't pig out is the easy way out. now you face a life of medical issues because of your lack disiplne. and im supposed to feel some sort of compassion for you? please! you made your bed, now lie in it.

I am not looking for any compasion from you or anyone. I battled obesity from toddler age. I dieted and ate nutritionally, as well as exercising to no avail. A lifelong battle that I was offered a helping hand to win, and I took it. The medical conditions I had as an obese person are gone, the medications that I had to take on a daily basis before the surgery are gone. A life of medical issues? Hardly. Yes I forever have to have blood drawn 2 to 4 times a year to make sure that I am not developing any form of malnutrition. As long as I follow the rules and keep doing what I am doing I should have a long healthy life ahead of me. You shouldn't be so quick to judge people that you don't know.

im flattered you joined to tell me how wrong I am, but as it stands, he will never become a bodybuilder if he can't eat.

care to argue that? have you seen how much food it takes the pro's to get big? im right and it pisses you off.

im flattered you joined to tell me how wrong I am, but as it stands, he will never become a bodybuilder if he can't eat.

care to argue that? have you seen how much food it takes the pro's to get big? im right and it pisses you off.

that's not the point I was debating.

katy1969;8946403 I battled obesity from toddler age. I dieted and ate nutritionally said:
I don't want to be a jerk, and I am glad you got help. I understand what it is like to battle weight issues, as I was 320 6 months ago. But to say diet and nutrition didn't work for you, I would have a hard time believing that. When people eat () right (don't cheat) and exercise, you loose weight. I put the burger down, and got my lard butt on a bike, and now weigh 250. It can be done, but you have to work hard at it.

My motto now is "I eat to live, I don't live to eat"

Top Bottom