Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is ground meat good?

flex2000

hey guys might sound like a weird ? but i picked up a shit load of ground meat at the store today it mad cheap and very low in fat and carbs and pretty high in protein. Is it as good as it sounds?

It is fine as long as you get less than 7% fat in it...That is if you are watching your fat intake.....Most ground meats are around 15-20 fat...

it is good for everything , but it is high in fat in some cases

ground beef is highest around 20% fat
ground chuck is next can't be higher than 15% (FDA says)
ground round is 3rd at around 8-10%
and ground serloin is the best at no higher than 7%

but you got to watch some markets will run their meat through the grinder only once giving it a leaner look and call it a leaner grade , most stores get their ground meat in big ass tubes that are pre-measured and are suposed to be run through the grinder twice to look like it is suposed to.

I pick out several lean butt roast and have the butcher trim the fat off and grind it into 1lb trays for me , most big stores do this for free , and if the little fuck with the big knife gets smart ........

tell the manager

I hope it's good........I just ate 2 McyD's Double Cheese -O & Super Size Fry.......small coke.

wooooooooohoooooooooooo!

Ground meat? I've got two words for ya... George Foreman.

C ... mmmmm micky d's..... :chomp:

dont know how much it helps but it takes away the guilt

My wife when she browns ground beef for a dish she is making.....she'll rinse it with hot water to get rid of excess fat....also if she makes burgers she'll cook them in water. Its terrible on the taste buds...but you get use to it.

Maybe it helps ....Maybe it doesnt....cant convince her otherwise.

You have to be carefull when you buy ground beef. Supermarkets are notorious for labeling ground beef at a leaner cut then they really are. Some have been known to mix in pork with their beef through the grinder. How were they discovered? When a man died of Trichynosis (spelling) which comes from uncooked pork. If you buy beef you should get it from a butcher at a butcher shop. And if you eat at a burger place you definately don't know what your getting. People that work at the giant meat grinders will throw in all kinds of crap into the grinder (shoes, books, boxes) just for shits and giggles and they watch as it comes out and looks just like ground beef.

Top Bottom