Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cytomel thyroid issue...

thewomble

Hi, guys I am desperately in need of some sound advice. I have a question re the thyroid gland... I did something a couple of weeks ago that I now sorely regret - in an attempt to lose weight I took cytomel T3 @ 25mg a day for 5 days then did one day of 50mg and it gave me palpatations and insomnia so the next day I reduced it to 37.5mg, but still had insomnia, so the nest day I reduced it to 25mg which i took for a further 3 days, then I did two days at 12.5mg, then two days at 6.25mg. When I came off it I felt lethargic, my hair went dry and then I got a sensation of having lump in my throat which felt exactly the same as the one you get when you are going to cry! I have been off the cytomel for a week now and have gained weight, feel tired and have the lump in my throat... I have read that these are all symptoms of hypothyroidism, and that sometimes after using cytomel T3 there can be a rebound effect. I am really worried that I have screwed up my thyroid, but don't know if it is purely a rebound effect. If it is rebound how long should it approximately last, and how long should I leave it before I see my doctor? I don't want to tell my doctor what I have done, so I need to be sure that it is not rebound, otherwise he will test my thyroid and then treat me for hypothyroidism when I don't actually need it which could really screw me up. I am really really scared and feel very depressed, any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated. Cheers

dont tell him what u did, just tell him how your feeling. But i would def go to the doc asap. Better safe then sorry.....u might become a synthroid patient

TELL HIM WHAT YOU DID. I fried my thyroid a few years ago and didn't tell the doc the truth. If you have not completely destroyed your thyroid your doc may be able to help you. I unfortunately have to take 50mcg of synthroid for the rest of my life. T3 is no fucking joke and the depression and lethargy I went through was a nightmare.

WHY you lads think you have to LIE to your doctors, I will never know!

It is difficult enough to diagnose people without the added partial truths or half truths.

There is this thing called the Hypocratic oath, which means your doctor has to treat you and keep it confidential, you may get a lecture, but this is not a moral or ethical issue, it is an issue of your well-being.

You did not take an excessive dose, however, you may have increased the dose too rapidly.

Oh vanity is such a harsh mistress.

Get some blood work done, find out what is exactly going on before you stress too much about it.

x
x
x

T

Cytomel (liothyronine sodium)

Contents: 1. Cytomel description 2. Cytomel Characteristics 3. Stacking and Use 4. How and where buy Cytomel online

Cytomel description Drug Class: Synthetic thyroid hormone
Pharmaceutical Name: Liothyronine sodium
Brand Name: Cytomel
Effective Dose: 25-100 mcg/day

Cytomel is not a steroid, but more a of a cutting aid. It's a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone tri-iodio-thyronine or T3, made up of a metabolite of the amino acid tyrosine and 3 iodine ions. In the body it in turn is made from another hormone, T4, which is secreted by the thyroid under influence of the pituitary hormone TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone). If a shortage of either TSH or T4 is noted, usually doctors may opt for a replacement therapy. These days the most common prescription is synthetic T4 (synthroid), but in more severe cases of permanent thyroid dysfunction, the choice is given to Cytomel. Simply because T4 is mostly active through its conversion to T3 and T3 is 4-5 times stronger than T4 on a mg for µg basis.

How to Use Cytomel: Bodybuilders take advantage of these characteristics and stimulate their metabolism by taking Cytomel, which causes a faster conversion of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Bodybuilders, of course, are especially interested in an increased lipolysis, which means increased fat burning. Competing bodybuilders, in particular, use Cytomel during the weeks before a championship since Cytomel helps to maintain an extremely low fat content, without necessitating a hunger diet. Athletes who use low dosages of Cytomel report that by the simultaneous intake of steroids, the steroids become mote effective, most likely as the result of the faster conversion of protein. Nowadays, instead of Cytomel, athletes use Clenbuterol which is becoming more and more popular. Those who combine these two compounds will burn an enormous amount of fat. Cytomel is also popular among female bodybuilders. Since women generally have slower metabolisms than men, it is extremely difficult for them to obtain the right form for a competition given today's standards. A drastic reduction of food and calories below the 1000 caloric/day mark can often be avoided by taking Cytomel. Women, no doubt, are more prone to side effects than men but usually get along well with 50 mcg/day. It is also important that Cytomel not be taken for more than six weeks. At least two months of abstinence from the drug needs to follow. Those who take high dosages of Cytomel over a long period of time are at risk of developing a chronic thyroid insufficiency.

In bodybuilding circles Cytomel is mostly used as fat-loss drug. Thyroid hormones are often referred to as the metabolic regulators of the body. High levels of T3 speed up the metabolism of an individual, allowing him to burn more calories and use calories more sufficiently. Generally ectopmorphic body-types have very high thyroid levels and in some cases a slight undiagnosed form of hyperthyroidism. Both hyper-and hypothyroidism can have severe consequences on an individual, such as goiters and other nasty stuff, so messing with your thyroid is not something I would advise to beginners. As with insulin, misuse of this compound can leave you dependent on exogenous T3 for the rest of your life (remember Frank Zane?). So some caution and research is required before putting Cytomel in your body. Generally cycles should be limited to 4-6 weeks tops, I recommend 3 and alternating cycles with 3-week cycles of clenbuterol. But most importantly, to avoid a crash or a shock to the thyroid function doses need to be built up over time and tapered off again. More so for cytomel than for any other drug in existence.

Bill Llewellyn says that Cytomel is not a drug to start off on, and that use of milder drugs like T4 (Synthroid) or triacana can help ease a person into the use of T3. I'm inclined to disagree here however. Triacana is weak compound and I find of little use. Its not easily found anymore and not cheap either. T4 is basically similar to Cytomel except that its weaker. Something that users normally compensate with higher doses and sends them down a similar lane as simply using cytomel. Agreed, cytomel is NOT a drug for beginners, but with adequate research, experience with diet and some self-control, I don't see why cytomel shouldn't be the first thyoid compound used. But for recreational users looking for a fatburner, I still suggest using clenbuterol over cytomel for all intents and purposes. Cytomel is much more powerful, but clenbuterol is a lot safer for use. The results are easier to maintain with clenbuterol as well. Negative feedback in the thyroid may decrease natural levels of T3 in the body, causing a decrease of metabolic rate after coming off a cycle of T3. That can cause a rebound effect during which a lot of weight is gained back.

Cytomel Dosage: As for the dosage, one should be very careful since Cytomel is a very strong and highly effective thyroid hormone. It is extremely important that one begins with a low dosage, increasing it slowly and evenly over the course of several days. Most athletes begin by taking one 25 mcg tablet per day and increasing this dosage every three to four days by one additional tablet. A dose higher than 100 mcg/day is not necessary and not advisable.

Your thyroid will generally recover. You maybe having a rebound effect but to make you feel better go to your MD and tell him whats going on. I am sure you are not the first person to come through with this same content.

daveyboy2345 said:
you should've only used t-4 it's much safer, and still potent enough

Yes mate, although the truth is messing around with vital body systems, when (a) you don't really know what you are doing, and (b) there can be very serious consequences is not really something undertaken by someone who loves themselves. I deeply regret what I have done, and have learned, it appears, the hard way... I could have lost the fat with more cardio (my diet is good), but I wanted fast results and find cardio boring... Life has taught me a lesson, which I hope isn't too costly. The lump in my throat is not there today, although it still feels a little swollen, maybe now its day 8 after stopping the T3 my thyroid is coming back on line... having said that I have felt incredibly tired all day, and just had two double espressos - I now feel normal!! Took my temperature yesterday and today upon waking and it was 36.1 and 36.2 respectively, which is below the normal acceptable range of 36.5 to 37.5, I took my temperature half an hour after the coffee and it was 37 - I know that doesn't really mean anything though. I would urge anyone considering T3 to think very carefully about it, I did some research - I read Bigcat's article, and thought I would be ok with a low dose... Though given that I have no medical training whatsoever God only knows what possessed me to think I was qualified to make such a judgement call!

Oh and guys, I have read that Gugglesterones are crap for fatloss, but quite good for getting the thyroid working again after using T3, do any of you have any experience or thoughts on this. Cheers guys your support is invaluable to me

I would get a TFT first-thyroid function test, which will measure your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), T3 and T4 first before you go self medicating with anything else.

You want to know what is actually going on first

x
x
x

T

Top Bottom