Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Breast implant complications?

evissam

My wife is contemplating breast implants. We have read all of the archived posts and 99% of the info was positive.

Can anyone help with info on the negatives. Is there anyone on this board with stories of complications? Also, how long after they are done can she get back into the gym? How about chest workouts?

They can get too firm after a while.
Then can settle to be uneven and you can have one higher than the other, but that is easy to fix.
I have heard of women getting bacteria inside the implant - extremly rare!!

Depends on if you have them under or over the muscle.
Under is better and looks much more natural.
Be sure to shop around for the best doc - that is THE most beneficial part.
Use the implants that are tear drop in shape over the just round ones for more natural looking breast.

Oh and then there are the other side effects - new bras, new nightgowns, great self esteem, men following you around, men talking to your chest, new swimming suits, etc....

She will NOT regret it if she has it done and neither will you.

Bunny
"This is who we are"

she'll need about 2weeks to get back in the gym. longer for chest exercises. her doc. will go over how much time she will need, and see how she is after her post op visits. capsular contraction, rupturing, and infection are possible complications. i know 2 girls who had one of their implants just deflate for no reason. you can expect to replace them at least once in your lifetime. i definetly recommend saline mentor smooth implants. it is best to take it as easy as possible after surgery to let the implants settle. if you get them under, which i prefer, they take longer to settle and sit high for about a month, but then they look better.

Hello! I got breast implants three months ago with no problems yet. I got them over the muscle since the doc. told me they could take an awkward shape if you lift heavy and get them under the muscle. I love them! I was a B before and now I am a D. After 4 wks. I was working my chest again and stronger than ever! After 2 wks. you can start light wts., just not chest

Search on this - I posted a long post about what it feels like, etc. less than three months after I had mine done, while the memory was still fresh in my mind. Someone else posted a link with pics of "boob jobs gone wrong" and the corrections for same, on the same thread, I think.

Also - my doc's office said they have discontinued the teardrop shaped ones, because they have a tendancy to turn sideways, and leave the woman with an awkward lump sticking out next to the armpit.

Fennec

Under the muscle can be more natural looking, but it can also lead to muscle disfunction. If you do not choose your doctor carefully, he may seriously damage your muscle. Amy Fadhli's doctor unintentionally removed part of her pectoral muscle when she was having hers redone.

On top of that, if the implants are ever removed from under the muscle, the pec may have a hard time functioning. The pec also effects other surounding muscles.

Had it done about 4 years ago, would do it all over again, gave me the self-confidence I needed. The first 2 weeks for sure you can't do much of anything, pretty painful. I'd say no chest for sure for at least a month. I had mine done under the muscle and I definitely lost a lot of pec strength! Anything I did using the pecs was difficult and to this day I blame my low bench press to the surgery. But I'd still do it again. Make sure she is doing it for herself and nobody else.

Top Bottom