Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Westside style using Lockouts?????

Cubanito,

I just read some of the earlier posts about how much you are doing elbows out triceps extensions with. I myself used 55's for my last time doing elbows out tricep extensions, and I did 6 sets of 10 with 15 seconds rest between sets. I am currently in the neighborhood of a 500 lb bench. I can use 65's for tricep extensions where the dumbell comes down to the delt while lying on a flat bench for 6 sets of 10. I am 5'7" 230 lbs, 18 inch arms, 48 inch chest. And these sets and reps I described were absolutely all I had in me.

I have very serious doubts that you are doing these exercises with the same form that I am using, or is demonstrated in the bench video. When Louie was using 65's he was benching something like 500 to 530.

Cubanito go talk to flapwrlifter, aka Bob Youngs if you get the chance, let him take a look at your form on these exercises. I know he has offered to help, and beleive me, if I got the chance to take him up on that offer, I would.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Mann I was doing it in the neighborhood of 4-6 inches from lockout I'm aiming more towards 6 and i'm guessing the cardio in the morning did it for me.
Brian I didn't know about the cardio turns test into estrogen are you serious bro damn i quit cardio for life. And I have gone down to lift with bob in fact tomm i'm going to west palm so i might wanna see if i can stop by so I can do my form and see if it's correct then ask him about some other forms that i'm confused with. Thanx

Hey guys for those of you wondering about my doing 55's for elbow out ext I was looking over elitefts.com and I am doing it right according to form now here's my theory before I started westside training my lower part of my tricep was always stronger b/c I did weighted dips with 200lbs on my lap for a set of 12 or sometimes to failure and when i would go past about 15 reps I would add weight I did my dips bench to bench that's how I put weight on my lap. Dips work the lower part of your tricep so I'm guessing the reason i'm not benching 500lbs is b/c upper and middle tri's are weak. I know you guys don't believe in one part of the body just working that, BUT does anyone know what type of press or ext works the middle and upper tri maybe this would really bring up my bench instead of keep strengthening up my lower tri which is stronger than upper and middle. Once again i know you don't believe in isolation moves, But this can probably help me ALOT in bench. Thanx.

Here is how I do my tricep work. On Sundays after I am finished with speed bench, I do some sort of barbell tricep exercise going as heavy as I possibly can. For example, I will do JM presses for something like this: 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 5, 365 x 3, for two weeks only on speed days, then switch to 5 board press, olympic bar skullcrushers, then back to JM presses. On Max effort day, after max effort exercise, I will either do Tate presses (elbows out tricep extensions) or I will do regular dumbell tricep extensions for up to 6 sets of 10 with 15 seconds rest between sets. I will also switch these exercises every two weeks, but with dumbells, I just switch back and forth between the two.

On dynamic day, do maximal weight barbell tricep movements, on max effort day do lactic acidosis, or reps till you puke movements with a dumbell.

At least that is how I do it. When taking free advice bear in mind that you generally get what you pay for.

Hope this helps,

B.

Thanks. I was writing this from memory, but I beleive it to be accurate, I just don't have my training log in front of me at the moment.

JM presses are one of my favorite triceps movements. I can do more with a JM press than I can a floor press. Go figure.

brian,that's very similar to my workout.i always do jm's,french presses with chains,5 board,..then on ME day i have been doing either d/b rolls on the floor,tate presses,etc........

Well today I didn't do my DB elbow outs instead I did skull crushers with the bar, but was I right about the lower tri part being stronger than upper or this doesn't matter. Anyone know???

Damn brian that's a shitload of weight I'm stil not sure how to do JM press I think I have an idea though.

Just found my training log

Sorry guys,

Made an honest mistake on a previous post about how much I was doing the JM press with. Everything is accurate through 315, but the 365 did not happen. That was a different exercise that I was remembering. That has bugged me ever since I posted that. Of course it has been a month since I last did JM Presses, as I have been doing a couple of other moves, now I guess I am going to have to attempt the numbers I posted above to see if my ass can cash the check that my mouth wrote. I seriously doubt it will happen as the 315 was a PR.

I also hadn't done floor presses in a while, and I had forgotten that I can not JM press more than my floor press.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Sorry about the wrong #'s.

B

Top Bottom