Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my Squat -- Vid inside!! Oh boy! Click here!

Illuminati said:
From a PL stand point:

you are going too deep. you are not sitting back far enough (your knees are going past your toes). you are not tucking your elbows under the bar. get your feet out wider when you squat, and open your groin up as you are descending. work on spreading the floor when you squat by pushing down and out with your feet. you need to learn to get the bar lower on your back, this will help you to get a better center of gravity.
i second this opinion

I have the same problem as you in that the motion up isn't quite as fluid as I'd like it to be. We both get about halfway up and the back kind of starts to take over and it's noticable. I'd like to have one smooth motion, which is something I need to work on.

looking at that, i just get the feeling your not able to absorb some of the weight in your hips... maybe your a little too forward. a little more arch of the back would do good too IMO. maybe this is what is hurting your squat.

I thought that it looked good man. You just need time under the bar...

Thanks for the comments. Very instructive. I probably should've figured out how to work my camera a long time ago. LoL

And just to save face a bit -- that set at 155 is not my limit set. LoL

this thread inspired me to video my squats tomorrow, and get my form critiqued...

the main thing i saw in this is you need to strengthen your abs, as you were falling forward on the up motion...

nice depth...

also, sit back more on the start of the rep... it'll keep your knees from shooting out over your toes...

Top Bottom