Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

would like to join in

Ashley1980

Hey, I just joined and thought id make an intro. Im going to try my best to not be a lurker...I REALLY want to reach my goals and I need all the support, motivation and guidance I can get. Im 30 yo, 5'10", and weigh in @ 147lbs, clothed. I weigh myself at the gym about once a week, not at the same time. Im not afraid of free weights, although I am kinda intimidated at the gym if too many guys start getting in the free weight area...I'll be honest, there are times Ive gone to the gym and left shortly after because I felt smothered, and "watched". Just another obstical I need to get over. I was trying to count calories and stay at 1500, but my sweet tooth always gets the best of me and often reach 1700 -2200 hundred. Im not gaining weight, but im not losing either. Ive been slacking in the gym, a lot over the past few months. Id like to do weights 3 times a week and start adding in cardio...
My Goals::: to lose the unsightly fat I have, and gain muscle. I am a size 6/7, but I have that ugly muffin top I want to get rid of. I want to look good in a swimsuit. I want to look like I havent had any kids. Can I get there? Im hoping so....
Would love a push in the right direction.
Im thinking pics may help so everyone can see what I am dealing with...but Im pretty embarrased to take and post:(

Anyhow, thanks for reading :)
Ashley

Hi Ashley! Welcome to EF!!! Glad to have you here! We need more active woman posting! Hope you stick around!

I highly suggest you take photos, if anything, just for yourself so you can see your progress. Sometimes it is difficult to see progress since you see yourself everyday, but photos are great! You can take weekly pics or bi-weekly pics and compare them together.

In regards to feeling intimidated, smothered, and "watched", by the guys in the gym. Don't let that be the reason you leave. Stay there because you have every right to be there just the same that the guys do. May I suggest you wear your IPod and headphones and have a training plan set for you to do. That way, you are focused on your log book and what you are suppose to do rather than seeing what is around you.

Cardio + nutrition is going to help you to burn the fat. You can do this!

Hi Ashley,

Can't let the men intimidate you. I've found that while many of the guys in the gym are jerks and idiots when it comes to working out, there are a lot of nice guys...particularly older men say 40+. Don't be afraid to make an acquintance or two. Allies in the weightroom are helpful.

As for sweets, my only solution is don't bring them into the house.

Hey girls! Thanks for the warm welcomes :) I appreciate all the advice..Im going to work on the gym thing. Im going to take pictures tomorrow, I hope that seeing changes every month will keep me motivated. I will be sure to post often and show progress...I'll be honest, I dont really have any support IRL, so this forums seems like a great place for that. Speaking of macros...do they really matter if I stay in my calorie range to lose a few pounds? They confuse me.

Top Bottom