Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Suggestions for my gf to drop a little muscle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJag said:
we want to get her right in between so she can go either way.
So she'll be a too-skinny fitness model & too-thick fashion model? Do you really think it can be done to be "in between"? Doesn't seem possible to me. Besides, why not focus on one angle & try to be the best fitness model she could be instead of trying to balance between to extremes tugging her in opposite directions?
I agree with Diamond, her face is much more pretty than the average fitness model.

Thanks for the very helpful constructive criticism. I personally prefer the fitness look myself and I know she could get into fitness modeling more easily than high fashion, but I'd still like any tips you guys may have to drop some LBM and a little fat if she does decide to try and pursue the high fashion route. Other than utterly starving herself, that is. :) She's on a diet of 12 cals per lb now with a 50/40/10 split of carbs/pro/fat. She's currently doing 30 mins of cardio post-lifting 5x per week.

To burn more LBM she should do more than 30 min or cardio. Also doing cardio in a glycogen-depleted state forces her body to burn LBM for fuel, so FTITM on an empty stomach - or if she just hasn't eaten hardly any carbs for a while will help her burn that LBM. The higher intensity the cardio - the more calories, & likely LBM she'll burn, so as high intensity as she can stand - or Hi intensity intervals.

Definitely don't lift heavy - stay in a 12-15 rep range minimum. If she is serious about the goal of atrophy - she could skip *strength* training altogether & move to muscular endurance training - my guess is that would let her atrophy without getting excessively flabby & weak. If her gym has BodyPump/PowerFlex or 'sculpt' classes - this would be perfect 3X per week instead of her lifting.
:bawling: I hate saying that... this is what most women usually do to get a lean sculpted body & I spend all my energy telling them NOT to do that (BodyPump classes & cardio)... but that should do the trick. :bawling: That's how I feel at the though of giving up lifting...

Do you really think she needs to lose fat?

Gladiola, thanks for your advice. I wasn't going to have her stop lifting altogether, just cut the volume and up the reps on the exercises she does do. She will stop all leg work (except calves) however. I know this goes against everything both she AND I have been having her do... What do you think about the diet? Drop to 10 cals per lb? She's going to bump up the cardio to 45-50 mins 5x per week. Personally I don't think she needs to lose any fat, maybe a pound or two but not much. Her bodyfat is not the problem, unfortunately.

What really sucks is that she loves lifting. But I guess it's a sacrifice she's going to have to make if she wants to give it a shot.

You know, I was actually expecting for someone to accuse me of posting pics of a random beautiful girl that wasn't actually my gf way before your post showed up aurelius. I was quite impressed by the sincerity of the responses I received. I do have a few (poor quality) pics of the two of us taken on an old digcam and I have plenty of 35mm prints that I have not scanned in, but the reason I posted these pics is that they were done by a professional photographer, were put on slides, and were converted to high quality jpeg images directly from the slides. Since the purpose of this thread was to ask for suggestions on how to modify my gf's workout plan and diet to achieve her goals and not to gratify my own ego by posting pics of some random chick and pretend they were of my gf, I won't humor your skepticism by scanning some prints in or posting some digcam photos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom