Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for Shadow...

nsashbl01

Shadow, I have a question regarding cardio for Hoteacher. I am like you regarding not needing cardio to stay lean, and Hoteacher is basically the same. Since her last comp her doc put her on E, because she's been very low all her life and we'd like to have kids at some point. So this made it a bit tougher to get lean for her recent show and she had to do some cardio. (she did zero for her last shows)

We were working on her post comp plan and I was thinking just taper the cardio and be done with it till next time she wants to compete. Her trainer feels that she should maybe do a small amount from here on out as sort of a buffer. I disagree, just because I don't want her body to adapt. She does only do interval, sprints, etc. But I still feel she should let her muscles burn the fat and stay away from cardio. She can keep around 10% without cardio. So I see no reason for it. I do feel she should ad some plyo though.

Any thoughts?

nsashbl01 said:
Shadow, I have a question regarding cardio for Hoteacher. I am like you regarding not needing cardio to stay lean, and Hoteacher is basically the same. Since her last comp her doc put her on E, because she's been very low all her life and we'd like to have kids at some point. So this made it a bit tougher to get lean for her recent show and she had to do some cardio. (she did zero for her last shows)

We were working on her post comp plan and I was thinking just taper the cardio and be done with it till next time she wants to compete. Her trainer feels that she should maybe do a small amount from here on out as sort of a buffer. I disagree, just because I don't want her body to adapt. She does only do interval, sprints, etc. But I still feel she should let her muscles burn the fat and stay away from cardio. She can keep around 10% without cardio. So I see no reason for it. I do feel she should ad some plyo though.

Any thoughts?

What type of estrogen??

Straight E or a combo??

at any rate....LOL

this is a huge controversy these days.....

no cardio.

Its like this:

if you can stay lean on a tight diet....why loosen it and THEN pile on cardio??

Makes zero sense and ramps that cortisol up etc.

at 10-12% she is WELL within a show weight AND it biochemically, it allows a bit more mass to be added.

The Shadow said:
What type of estrogen??

Straight E or a combo??

at any rate....LOL

this is a huge controversy these days.....

no cardio.

Its like this:

if you can stay lean on a tight diet....why loosen it and THEN pile on cardio??

Makes zero sense and ramps that cortisol up etc.

at 10-12% she is WELL within a show weight AND it biochemically, it allows a bit more mass to be added.

Combo (progesteron and Esto creme) Yea, we both are blessed with naturally high cortisol. Comes with the bonzai type A personality.

I'm gonna try to get her to stick to adding oly lifts, and plyo instead of adding cardio. One of our friends works for the Poliquin center and another is a strength trainer for U of WI and they are gonna help her with the Plyo.

Thanks for your input....

keep im mind.....

if her estrogen is low......be really carefull on the oly lifts....joint issues, etc.

I have had great success with females doing a bit of higher rep pling on a phasing program if you are interested

The Shadow said:
keep im mind.....

if her estrogen is low......be really carefull on the oly lifts....joint issues, etc.

I have had great success with females doing a bit of higher rep pling on a phasing program if you are interested

Yea, her E was always low, (past 15 years) and her joints were ok. She ran 50 miles a week when I met her too! But I'm very carefull with her because I have dealt with joint problems for years.

When she started the E, her strengh shot way up! Better endurance too. Her back squat pr was after she started E, (totally clean otherwise seriously)!

Yea, I think she'd be interested. We have two friends who competed in weightlifting for years and they just bought a set of bumpers for our gym, (they own the gym). So they were going to help her with form. She's kind of a slow learner so I have to really ease her into it to keep her safe.

nsashbl01 said:
Yea, her E was always low, (past 15 years) and her joints were ok. She ran 50 miles a week when I met her too! But I'm very carefull with her because I have dealt with joint problems for years.

When she started the E, her strengh shot way up! Better endurance too. Her back squat pr was after she started E, (totally clean otherwise seriously)!

Yea, I think she'd be interested. We have two friends who competed in weightlifting for years and they just bought a set of bumpers for our gym, (they own the gym). So they were going to help her with form. She's kind of a slow learner so I have to really ease her into it to keep her safe.

I'll shoot you a pm....I wanna ask you a couple of things as well.....

Top Bottom