Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Girlfriend getting started, need some diet advice

tical

Banned
Here are her stats

5'7
112 LBs

Not sure about her bodyfat % but she is getting a little soft in the thighs w/ some noticable dimples if she flexes her glutes. She's very lean everywhere else. She's never touched a weight in her life but we're getting started with some heavy sets of compound exerscies to help her build mass. My concern is her diet.

I've been digging through the threads for some diet advice but all I've been able to find are example meals...

She wants to put on some lbm because she feels too "skinny" but also wants to get rid of the fat she's holding onto.

Is there any rule of thumb I can follow while helping her with her meals. By this I mean something like "1.5g protein for every lb" etc. We're kind of stuck at the point where we need some info on how many grams of p/c/f she should be taking in daily

Also, what % of it should be consumed PWO? How many calories in total?

Any help would be appreciated ladies!

thanks!

I would say a 40/40/20 diet. 1-1.5 lbs of protien per pound of bodyfat. 10-12X her weight for calories. Try that for 4-6 weeks and write everything down, what she ate, how she feels, if she gets bloated or constipated, to see how her body reacts, and then adjust accordingly. Be sure to get her bf% tested, since you are trying to put on mass, you don't want her thinking she "eating too much because she weighs more". I'm sure Sassy has much more to say on this.

tical said:
Here are her stats

5'7
112 LBs

Wow, that sounds scarey! The girl needs to lift some weights and EAT! I wouldn't worry about the details much right now. Eat leans meats, complex carbs, good fats, and lots of it. Drink lots of water.

How old is she?

If she is trying to put on some lean mass I would go 1.5 - 2 per pound of body weight. Great getting her started on heavy compunds squats, deadlifts bench etc. that is really going to help. As for her diet 40% 30% 30% split is good keep the carb sources clean oats brown rice whole grains etc... Post work out meal shake I say around 40g of protien is good also get her to put 1/3 c of rolled oats blended in with that and eat a piece of fruit with it to get the insuline spike. (Granny smith is a good option as there is not to much sugar in it.)

Yikes....I hope she is bulking at that weight and not cutting....that is way to thin on 5'7

superqt4u2nv said:
If she is trying to put on some lean mass I would go 1.5 - 2 per pound of body weight. Great getting her started on heavy compunds squats, deadlifts bench etc. that is really going to help. As for her diet 40% 30% 30% split is good keep the carb sources clean oats brown rice whole grains etc... Post work out meal shake I say around 40g of protien is good also get her to put 1/3 c of rolled oats blended in with that and eat a piece of fruit with it to get the insuline spike. (Granny smith is a good option as there is not to much sugar in it.)

K currently at 1568 calories to bulk

Protein: 156.7g
Carbs: 117.5g
Fat: 52.2g

Let me know if you think I should adjust anything here or if my numbers are off!

It all sounds good -- have her run that for 4-6 weeks & see the results. 112 at 5'7" is pretty thin. She will probably see some bodyfat increase but I expect its goign to be minimal with what sounds like her metabolism & her frame. But she shouldn't panic as to build it sometimes requires some bodyfat as well.

tical said:
K currently at 1568 calories to bulk

Protein: 156.7g
Carbs: 117.5g
Fat: 52.2g

Let me know if you think I should adjust anything here or if my numbers are off!
Protien should be higher that is the most important part to adding muscle 1.5 per lb so minimum of 168 up to 224. Carbs and fat around there is good.

superqt4u2nv said:
Protien should be higher that is the most important part to adding muscle 1.5 per lb so minimum of 168 up to 224. Carbs and fat around there is good.

Ok, great thanks for the info... I'll make some changes. This is going to be interesting I'll keep you guys updated. I really appreciate the help!

Top Bottom